World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there was thinking about fishing,port logan sunday never been so looking, for some good marks pics if poss would be good info baits please u can pm with this info

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Tommy is your best bet for information at that location, although I think he usually prefers night fishing, which is more productive. My mate is down there for six months, and when I phoned him on Sat. past, to enquire as to what is being caught, he said the area was full of coalfish.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Two hours either side of high water is best there mate. The fish aren't there in umbers over low water, plus retrieving your tackle over the rocks infront becomes an issue. Fish of the end and cast towards the fishpond building as the ground there is fairly clean. Plenty of coalies there, also small pollack, doggies on a night and the possibility of a strap conger. best baits there are fish baits, although worm baits work well. I like to use one rod cast out with a whole sandeel or macky strip on a pennel pulley rig, and another rig with a two hook flapper baited with either lug or rag tipped with sandeel or macky again. Distance is not an issue here, and fish will come from 40 yards onwards (conger, wrasse and pollack even closer). Best of luck mate.
Bass-ic

·
Registered
164 Posts
was down on sunday, not much being caught, 2 mates fished rag, which produced 1 decent pollock, i tried mackie and sand eel, nothin. some local guys had a couple on sand eel, but not a lot about. fished from low to high water. will be waiting a few week before i return.

avatar is similar to place we fished.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
You fish the rocks down past the right of the car park? Should pick plenty of smaller coalies up fishing from the pier, especially at night.

·
Registered
195 Posts
fished there a couple of years ago with 2 hook flattie rigs with mackerel bait. rod was nearly pulled into the drink by pollack. all were between 3 + 4lb. we ended catching about ten each b4 we ran out of bait and went home well chuffed. not what we were expecting but it was a brilliant day

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
My first cast of the year off the back of the pier produced a small coalie for me a few weeks ago.

Young Snatcher got an even smaller one,it was just bigger than the spinner!!!

Its a bonny place but a wee too early in the year for good sport I reckon.I just hope you make me eat my words mate :)

Here you go a Port Logan sunset

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cheers everyone thanks for the info and the photos,still deciding wether we,re going to port logan or furnace minard not sure yet

1 - 9 of 9 Posts