World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me and my mate chris fished aberavon beach last night. got down about 7pm and got straight to it with 3 rods between us. we had lug, rag, squid and sandeel hoping for the big brother of the little soles we caught the night before. anyway, fishing was slow for the first hour or so until chris had a little tap on his rod, not expecting anything he was happy to catch his first little ray,on rag worm.

about ten minutes later, my rod started to knock and i reeled in to find a little flatty.

i managed another 2 small flattys, but chris got bored by 11.30 and went home. i stuck it out for another few hours to use up the bait, and about 20 minutes after my mate left my rod started bouncing. i stuck into it and started reeling and could feel the line had gone slack. i caught upwith the line and felt a big tug when i nearly had my rig in. a lovely bass of 2lb 4oz taken on a whole squid on a pulley pennel.

was well happy with this, the time was about 1am bit i had a few more worms so i thought i might aswell get through them all. a couple more casts came back in without any bites then on the last cast i had another flatty, the biggest of the night on a load of lug.

all in all a decent nights fishing with a nice few fish. all fish went straight back after a quick photo, hopefully for me to catch again in a few years. :victory:

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
nice session there mate.cracking report and pic's

·
Registered
601 Posts
good sesh mate, iv never fished that beach and fancy a go. well done for sticking it out.

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
Nice session there aaron m8 :thumbs:

·
Registered
8,806 Posts
Good session and well done for sticking it out,"fishy's comes to he who waits":victory:

·
Banned
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys. i wanna go back tonight now but i got to work, so friday it is.

·
Insane Poster
2,852 Posts
Well done m8, good report and pics, "oh yeah" and bass, LOL..:bones::victory::bones:

·
Registered
770 Posts
Nice sesh there mate, good bass that, good of you to return it!
Well done

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
well done. nice to see a bass that looks the size that's reported lol!

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
nice session there mate good on you for sticking it out

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.