World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which Venue fishes better?

The Long arm or
the Short Arm??

Os is it a case of ether on its day and which one doesnt get tooooooooooo crowded on the weelends??

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hello Phil,
The long arm is fishing well at the moment, can't comment on the short arm as i've never fished it, as for being too busy its a massive venue with room for all. In my experience i find the fishing to be more productive just after high water. If you hang around Brand will pop in and give his expert advice on this venue (he spends a lorra lorra time down there with great results). If i possibly can i never fish the Long arm alone as some of them rocks are quite dangerous, if however you do go on your own don't forget your mobile phone.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for that, I know that the surface of the sort arm is fairly easy to walk on but what is the long arm like??

Also, what is the terrain you are fishing over?? And is it is easy to "float fish" there as well.

I ahve also heard that you only allowed to fish one side only?? Is this true!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Denzle said:
Hello Phil,
The long arm is fishing well at the moment, can't comment on the short arm as i've never fished it, as for being too busy its a massive venue with room for all. In my experience i find the fishing to be more productive just after high water. If you hang around Brand will pop in and give his expert advice on this venue (he spends a lorra lorra time down there with great results). If i possibly can i never fish the Long arm alone as some of them rocks are quite dangerous, if however you do go on your own don't forget your mobile phone.
What is being caught there at the moment, and, what distance do you need to be casting. I am not really interested in congers!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Can't help much with the long arm mate, but me and the boys have had some luck with the bass at the second pier at corus (shorter one). Float fished fresh macky does the trick, loads of smaller ones but my mate had a 5lb 6oz the other week

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds good to me, does it get packed there on the weekend as we are waiting for our permits to arrive!

·
Registered
208 Posts
it can do but most people fish from either the centre path or the rocks on the dock side, if its busy i tend to walk up closer to the end, your best bet is to get there early and have a look around for yourself. We are having the bass on the float as i said but in close to our feet in between the rocks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry to be a pain, but the short arm sounds similar to Brixham Breakwater, but shorter. With rocks either side gpoing into the water!

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Phil, did u apply online for permits or telephone? ;)

·
Registered
9,101 Posts
Phil the Float said:
We had the forms through recently and they are now filled in and ready to go off!

hi phil.long arm made up of lg boulders and 3 cornered concrete lumps,very uneven,but good potential.the ebb fishes,prob the best ,but it does vary.plenty of floating for gars,mack,bass(whole mack on float)sea trout(whoops).plenty of pollack on tobys etc.Biggest bass of here 15lb.huge mullet 5lb plus.if you can catch them.hope this helps i allways fish in a auto life jacket and emergency beacon cos i fish a lot on my own.you can be on your own all day c u phill brand :) :D :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts