World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone give me ay advice on launching at port willam.i have an 18 ft boat.thanks

·
Registered
101 Posts
There are three launching sites:

At the top end of the harbour is a ramp which you can use approx an hour and a half each side of high water. The ramp has a dog leg above the water mark and there is a step at the bottom end of the ramp so don't go back too far. You launch straight off the ramp.

As you approach Portwilliam from the north there is a ramp into the harbour just before the first house on your right hand side. You get right down onto the beach inside the breakwater. You can launch here a couple of hours each side of high water. The ground is pretty solid but there are one or two soft bits so take care if you don't have a 4 x 4. (I launch there with an ordinary car).

Aagin approaching Portwilliam from the north, after you come in to the 30mph zone you'll see a beach on your right (South Sands), There is a layby and a ramp down onto the beach, Its okey for a four wheel drive and you can launch at all states of the tide but I wouldn't recommend taking your car to far out.

If you want to moor your boat in the harbour during your stay, then see the harbourmaster Jimmy Brawl. You'll see an aluminium catamaran with two big Honda outbaords, that is Jimmy's boat. Best to ask first as if you use someone else's berth you won't be too popular.

You can also park your boat trailer inside of the harbour by arrangement.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.