World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished porthcawl last night on the little pier thingy from 9 till about 1 in the morning between 3 of us we had 1 pout 3 whiting and 4 doggies not a bad night all in all

it was my second time fishing in porthcawl can anyone tell me about the different spots around there please .i saw people on the light house and loads of people by the wall be the prom leading to the fair any info very greatfull thanks very much ..................tony

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Ello mate..welcome to the site..im a porthcawl lad..

I never fish along the wall.....Rubbish it is!

The pier itself is normally your best bet,,the inner wall..where the stumps are..is preducing blonde ray,,the lighthouse is fine as long as it doesnt stink of wee,,and full of rubbish...and when the tide rips its rubbish...

I recently found a quiet secret mark..which im gonna try out for a few hours today,,tell u after if its anygood..

·
Registered
57 Posts
i fish the pier quite often aswell mate.

pretty much anything can be caught there. rays seem to like the inner wall area as its calmer water.

if you can get onto the lighthouse the fishing is comfortable although as marcus said it does smell abit :mad: and with it being a bank holiday you can bet theres people drinking up there.

when the rip is on try and fish the top ledge. that way the lead is being pulled away from the pier not around it

·
Registered
325 Posts
last time i made the journey to porthcawl was last year and we parked in the car park by the golf club and walked around the coast until we were just past the golf club and came to a beach called rest bay, i forget the height of the tide but it must have been quite big because it was top water and it was about 6 o clock when we got there .we had a range of fish ,codling flatties and bass it even threw up a dover sole all of them were undersize but an entertaining evening none the less,i think your fishing onto broken ground/shingle.hope this helps, oh i have fished that wall by the bus shelter? and we had a load of nice whiting but that was on a freezing december night!

·
Registered
409 Posts
2 ov us fished the wall last thursday i had 3 doggies and 2 whiting 1 was a nice size, my m8 had 1 doggie 1 nice size whiting and this old guy fishing there aswell had about 10 doggies and 6 whiting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts