World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The mackerel were quite shy 12 between about 8 who were fishing. One of the anglers had gone out on a boat from Troon. £34 and then £15 for petrol. After travelling a good while they fished a wreck and got some good pollock. The skipper was unhooking the fish and throwing them back saying Conservation. The boy said If he had known he was going out with Greenpeace he wouldnt have bothered. He was allowed to keep 2 fish and one of them had been attacked by a seal. Does anyone know a good skipper with reasonable pricing for boat trips

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
The mackerel were quite shy 12 between about 8 who were fishing. One of the anglers had gone out on a boat from Troon. £34 and then £15 for petrol. After travelling a good while they fished a wreck and got some good pollock. The skipper was unhooking the fish and throwing them back saying Conservation. The boy said If he had known he was going out with Greenpeace he wouldnt have bothered. He was allowed to keep 2 fish and one of them had been attacked by a seal. Does anyone know a good skipper with reasonable pricing for boat trips
thats sounds like a good skipper to me and maybe the fella should have asked when he booked the boat the policy on keeping fish

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
yup sounds like a good skipper to me. catch and realise is the way ahead

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Yes Mike Watsons Orca out of Stranraer, 01776 853 225
Min. of four max. eight, individuals welcome to make up numbers. But be quick because Mike retires at the end of next month, and there is every likelihood that the Orca will not remain at Stranraer.

·
Registered
10,125 Posts
im afraid if i went out on a boat and he only let you keep two i defo would not be going back.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
im afraid if i went out on a boat and he only let you keep two i defo would not be going back.
who would , if the skipper tried that on any boat ive been on there wouldve been a mutiny
ive never heard anything like it in normal charter boat fishing
two fish and one was mauled by a seal wtf !
£34 and an additional £15 for petrol
one all inclussive cost surely

cant find a single charter boat from troon that operates a catch n release btw
(not saying there isnt one only that i cant find any on the net )

·
Registered
10,125 Posts
ive never heard the likes before. he obviously is making to much money.

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
the on yer marks crew work a catch and release policy if im right and they always seem to be busy.
the skipper should have made it clear when booked but the fella should have asked also,pretty rubbish for the fella to find out on board and surely the fuel would be included in the total price

·
Registered
199 Posts
sounds a bit expensive .Tony wass does the same out of girvan which I aggree with by the way but the last time I was out with him his crewman was allowed to fish and at one point tony made us, the ones who chartered the boat take our lines in so that he could chase a fish that his crewman had hooked up on with light tackle who were the mugs that day

1 - 11 of 11 Posts