World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a few hours at Portencross today , managed to bag a couple of mackerel on a spinner . Not a lot , but any fish's a bonus . Any one got any tips for any other spots . ? I live in Stevenston and don't drive so I'm kind of limited to how far I can travel . Any advice greatfully welcome.....................

·
Registered
461 Posts
welcome to the forum mate and well done on the mackies.heading down to seamill at weekend for some night time fishing.more than welcome.not from down that neck of the woods but i know guys that go down there now and again.maybe see you down there.

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
there are a few spots you are able to fish which are pretty close to the 3 towns,there is the stretch at hunterston,ardrossan harbour,over the wall in ard harbour,saltcoats harbour,seamill,iv heard of a few others like the hole in the wall and behind the old slaughter house also

·
Registered
823 Posts
AS Colin says you will catch fish at the back of the slaughter house on the prom (mainly coalies with the odd flounder thrown in) and at the back of the harbour wall at Saltcoats (Wrasse, coalies, pollack and if you're lucky codling). Beaches between Saltcoats and the other side of Stevenston point can produce (flounders,coalies and ? ). I'm from Stevenston myself and have been giving the various beaches and rock marks a good go over the last couple of months, been getting one or two fish but not large numbers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
from stevenston my self m8 ardrossan makkies mullet and satcoats castle-wrasse,codling,makkies,mullet,bass(2nd one down coming from stevenston)are good spots:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts