World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Fed up of weed hereabouts so headed up to the above venue today.

Dodgy bottom-fishing with rag produced a few knocks and my mate Alun I think had a good Ballan on but it did a power-dive and broke him off at the last minute!

Float was hopeless as the wind was quite brisk from the NE taking the rig down into kelp in time and nothing much wanted to nosh my sandeels anyway :(

HW was at 2.30pm and after that a swell got up forced by the sea-breeze and nothing more. I abandoned big rods and switched to a 10ft light spinner with a medium Dex Wedge on the business end, and went nomadic!

Had a good hour or two then, taking numerous mackerel with some big 1.5lb individuals at times, plus a few pollack up to a similar size. Pollack put back & swam off strongly; mackerel in freezer/fridge/under grill yum yum!

Dexter Wedge saved the day again in other words :)

Cheers - John

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've fished Porth Iago for years and have never caught a single thing. I've tried everything, rag, sand eels, mackeral, lug, every spinner you can imagine and nothing, never!!! On the plus side, idilic beach!

·
Registered
767 Posts
hi john

what area did you fish? last time i fished the we walked down from the carpark and then to the right for a hundred yards or so. caught wrasse pollack mackeral dogfish and even a bull huss.

Not fished the beach area at all.

:)

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rubberfrog said:
hi john

what area did you fish? last time i fished the we walked down from the carpark and then to the right for a hundred yards or so. caught wrasse pollack mackeral dogfish and even a bull huss.

Not fished the beach area at all.

:)
That was the area we fished - along from the carpark through 2 gates and on as far as a fence - followed that down and fished in that area.

Ought to be good for huss: finding an area you can bottom-fish without losing your stuff each cast is the tricky bit!!

Cheers - John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts