World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lovely evening for fishing; gentle wind, surf just about right & nice, firm, dry sand. Fished last half hour of light into darkness. LW just after nine o'clock. Plenty of rattles, all the way down to low water, but only tiny whiting & coalfish landed. Packed in about half ten. Wish someone would tell the big fish that there's plenty of food for them on these beaches.

Cheers

JB

·
Registered
794 Posts
Well done on getting out there and doing a bit:clap3:

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
thanks for report and well done on catching a few fish even though they were small. Much better than a blank. :clap3:

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
I struggled last September and October, night tides just caught pin tings, the only decent fish was a nice ballen on a storm sandeel while I waited for dusk.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Lovely evening for fishing; gentle wind, surf just about right & nice, firm, dry sand. Fished last half hour of light into darkness. LW just after nine o'clock. Plenty of rattles, all the way down to low water, but only tiny whiting & coalfish landed. Packed in about half ten. Wish someone would tell the big fish that there's plenty of food for them on these beaches.

Cheers

JB
Fished there last tuesday low - up as a bit of an experiment, very little at low, and not much better 3 up, but we did get the usual suspects of codling, whiting, rockling and a sea scorpion, i missed loads of bites, some pulled the grippers out but is was poor really.

·
Banned
15,860 Posts
Fished there last tuesday low - up as a bit of an experiment, very little at low, and not much better 3 up, but we did get the usual suspects of codling, whiting, rockling and a sea scorpion, i missed loads of bites, some pulled the grippers out but is was poor really.
Good to see you back shep hope your doing ok :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Good to see you back shep hope your doing ok :thumbs:
Yes, it's been a while, i have been fishing just not as much as i'd like!! Stupid health issues meant it made sense to look after myself for a while at least so i only fished on dry days this winter, and we didn't get many of them!!! Discharged by the surgeon last week so i'm really up for it now!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Glad to hear you are on the mend. Have you still got the boat? I was thinking today that it would have been perfect for a spot of fishing off the north coast.Then the sea mist rolled in & the temp dropped about 5 degrees! Funny weather.

Cheers

JB

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Still got the boat, it's all in bits for a bit of pre season TLC, but should be ready to launch end of next week. It all looks nice and calm out there but the thick fog yesterday was a good reminder of what can go wrong!

Spotted a Bass last week (might have been a mullet but it looked like a bass to me) just off the local beach, just a couple of pound but its a good sign!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts