World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished this afternoons low tide steady flow of fish to mackerel and lugbaits using 3 rods after approx 3 hrs ended up with 6 coal fish, 1 Turbot and a first ever Plaice lovely fish and safely returned iv fished this beach for like 20 odd years iv caught flounders but never a plaice I was made up with it.
As the tide came in weed and a tow to the left became a problem so I packed up.
But really enjoyed it today.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Following my pathetic attempts it's great to see such a good report particularly 'flat' species. Amazing catching Turbot there after years without. Global warming perhaps???
Mind you I once had my one and only Lemon Sole off the Menai Bridge pier 50 years ago!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Following my pathetic attempts it's great to see such a good report particularly 'flat' species. Amazing catching Turbot there after years without. Global warming perhaps???
Mind you I once had my one and only Lemon Sole off the Menai Bridge pier 50 years ago!
Hello Swelleyman. i had to get this one in ! there's a lot of water gone under that bridge since then. :):wink::)

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
fished this afternoons low tide steady flow of fish to mackerel and lugbaits using 3 rods after approx 3 hrs ended up with 6 coal fish, 1 Turbot and a first ever Plaice lovely fish and safely returned iv fished this beach for like 20 odd years iv caught flounders but never a plaice I was made up with it.
As the tide came in weed and a tow to the left became a problem so I packed up.
But really enjoyed it today.
Great report, In a few weeks time there will be bigger coleys to catch after dark:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Two top flatty species in one go. Top dangling KD :thumbsup:

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great report, In a few weeks time there will be bigger coleys to catch after dark:thumbsup:
Would of loved to be going back down for the next low tide but iv had to come home.

·
WSF Primary Administrator.
59,992 Posts
Fished it last week four times and had loads and loads of basslets off the top and on Senko just under the surface.
Shed loads of fish around but not of any size.

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Plaice is a great species on various levels - appearance, taste, rarity etc. My mother's favourite fish and, for me at least, very rare. Could almost guarantee a flounder from various spots and methods, but plaice were few and far between. But to have Turbot as well!
Flounders on baited spoons chucked out in the current over sand worked but never on any other spinners - suppose flatties were never the ones I was after spinning as I could always catch them on bait (crab the best after lug)

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Fished it last week four times and had loads and loads of basslets off the top and on Senko just under the surface.
Shed loads of fish around but not of any size.
The big ones are there Nick, if your catching basslets, try a bigger lure, in pollock or mackerel colours :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
There is something special about that place....I have had bass on bait and some big pollock plus tons of other fish but not yet a bass on a plug....I've been told they can be caught there all year be interesting to hear if anyone has had them in winter on plugs?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts