World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Can anyone please give me some information for fishing this area?
Has anyone fished the bit by the farm (looks like a small slipway on Google) I would like to have a go there for some Bass and Pollock but it looks like I might need permission to use the farm track etc. Does anyone know if this is the case? Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've fished here a few times, although i'm slightly confused by your description of fishing by the farm? there is a track that runs straight through from the main road, you don't need permission to use it, at the end of the track is a small car park just to the right of the boat storage compound.

Fishing off the headland is very snaggy if you are bottom fishing the rewards can be good but be prepared to loose tackle, best bet and what i normally do is float fish or lure fish, some good fish to be taken, the wrasse fishing is good to float fished rag.

Best time would be in my opinion dusk.

Good luck!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for that mate :hug: I didn't want to get there and be chased of by an angry farmer:crazy: and give us visiting English a bad name.:bicycle: It looks nice and fishy from the air (Google) and also thanks for the tip on it being quite snaggy, I might try my luck with some lures and also drown a few worms for the Wrasse. Do you think some deep spun sand eels or jellies might be workth a try?

Much appreciated

Steve

·
Registered
837 Posts
Deep spinning WILL be in the kelp.
You can spin here with "weedless" rigs but IMHO surface lures are less stressfull!
If you are looking at the correct place there is a square compound at the edge of the sea with a small bay to it's right.
Stay out of the bay as it will be busy with boats & divers.
Go through the gate onto the headland & pick a spot.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Rufenig

That is the place I was looking at thanks for the advice. I'll keep a lookout for blue and white flags.

By the way does anyone know what the shore caught record for diver is currently?:g:

Cheers again

·
Registered
49 Posts
One of my favourite places. I have has many good sessions there catching wrasse and pollock on worm. Not so much joy with lures although I have seen good size pollock caught by others.
The Llyn costal path runs along the coast here so there is good access. I have tried various fishy looking places along the path in both directions with wrasse, bass, pollock, mackeral and the inevitable doggie . However travel light as some areas are like the surface of the moon and take care as some areas are very exposed.

Good luck

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks dab02

I aim to be up there second week in August I will pack my boots and check it out in the daylight before venturing back when the Mrs and kids are asleep.

Cheers

·
WSF Primary Administrator.
63,100 Posts
Was there last week and fished it a few times during the week etc.
Only had small fish to the lures but very good fun on light tackle etc.
In very bad weather when the wind is pounding etc try walking out onto the 'spit' of rocks and fish soft plastic lures by bouncing them off the bottom very very slowly into the bay.
During bad weather you get fish sheltering in the bay,as well as the seals.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Nick

I will give that a go. I use a drilled golf ball or a drilled ball from a mouse, however I have heared that it is quite a snaggy area so I am trying to source some weedless hooks to compliment the technique, failing that I have some ballrag floats which I might use to get the lures out a bit more. What colours types did you try?

Cheers

·
63,100 Posts
Thanks Nick

I will give that a go. I use a drilled golf ball or a drilled ball from a mouse, however I have heared that it is quite a snaggy area so I am trying to source some weedless hooks to compliment the technique, failing that I have some ballrag floats which I might use to get the lures out a bit more. What colours types did you try?

Cheers
Very basic set up mate 20lbs PowerPro with 20lbs FC leader about 3 foot long and a 'Pink' Sluggo 7.5" with a 5/0 hook rigged weedless.
Pink works well when its been blowing for a bit and the water has some colour in it.
Its essential to use a belly weight with the sluggo as you need it to sink pretty quick,then twitch it back a tiny bit at a time.
If yoir going slow then its not slow enough.:fishing::sun:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers Nick

Thanks for the advice. I was interested to read that you used a belly weighted weedless hook instead of towing the lure with a weight. What hooks do you use and where do you source them from?

Cheers:clap:

·
63,100 Posts
Cheers Nick

Thanks for the advice. I was interested to read that you used a belly weighted weedless hook instead of towing the lure with a weight. What hooks do you use and where do you source them from?

Cheers:clap:
The best ones that I have found for these softies are the ones that they sell to go with the sluggo.
These are the 'Texposer' hooks and you can get them most places that are 'lure' based.
www.basslures.co.uk or even in the tackle shop in Pwllheli.
If you go for the 7.5" sluggo then you will need the 5/0 hook and dont let anyone in a shop tell you that you can get away with a smaller hook etc.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The best ones that I have found for these softies are the ones that they sell to go with the sluggo.
These are the 'Texposer' hooks and you can get them most places that are 'lure' based.
www.basslures.co.uk or even in the tackle shop in Pwllheli.
If you go for the 7.5" sluggo then you will need the 5/0 hook and dont let anyone in a shop tell you that you can get away with a smaller hook etc.
Thanks again chap. They're not cheap are they? I'm gonna have to find myself a new hobby at this rate!
:help:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts