World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi First Time On Site, Looks Good.
Could Anyone Tell Me What Height Of Tide Is Best For The Harbour Wall, What Part Is Best, Bait Etc. Fished Most S.wales Coast But Not Here. Also Can My Young Son Use A Spinning Rod Here. Thanks :)

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Hello pollacks!

Welcome to the site.

Im a Porthcawl lad,and i can tell u that the harbour wall..can be fished most tides..

Depending on whih part of the wall you try,it is possible to spin,,BUt thats best done on the inner wall of the pier..

When fishing the pier,,beware that on a particularly blustery day,,wave spray DOES wash over the pier,,ive seen one or 2 tilley lamps disappear..teehee..
The best place to take your boy, is the inner wall on the pier itself..by the wood stumps..

theres plenty of space,,its 2 mins walk from the car,,theres usually others around to talk too,,the fishing ground is mainly sand(no snags) and its deep

Mackeral squid and rag are best for here...

If you want some help,,im always up for fishing..i could show you some good spots..gimme a shout.

hope this helps

·
Registered
321 Posts
marcus as you are a porthcawl lad i was wondering how sker beach was fishing as my mate and i are thinking bout doing a sesh down there ,whats being caught and what baits are they going on ,

cheers doogle

·
Registered
321 Posts
cheers mate fished it years ago used to see some nice fish come from there

·
Registered
321 Posts
shall do that chat with my mate to go and give it a bash let you know the score

doogle

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
marcus did u say sker was a long walk. just askin. i may giv it a go. apparantly some good fish off there.

·
Registered
409 Posts
only once i ever fished sker and thats when i was stayin down kenfig with my m8, we walked down to the beach through the nature reserve and the sand dunes quite a treck aswell, fished all night idn't catch much, walked bak through the sand dunes early hours rabbits everywere lol

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
I have fished Sker a few times and have had ray in summer. a few mates from work had some nice bass doen there last summer.
I went down about a month ago and had one small codling and a pouting. fished for approx 4-5 hours. I know i went at a quiet time but it's a good trek just to catch two small ones

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks For The Info Very Helpful, Hope To Go This Sunday If Weather Is Ok If Not Will Go Next Week For Sure, (missed To Much Fishing). Fancy Putting A Big Bait Out For Dogs,rays Etc And Use A Float For Pollack(if Any) With My Boy, Unless You Suggest Better. Will Let You Know When I Go, May See You, Coming From Chepstow, Tell U About My Good Bass Marks Up This End, Good Fun On A Carp Rod. Good Cod In Winter Too :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts