World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arrived just after 6pm sat in the car for a few mins deciding whether to fish the harbour wall or the pier, in the end chose the pier got gear out of car walked about quarter of the way then had to turn back, forgot to lock the car:doh: anyway got to the pier and setup on top shelf alongside 2 guys. set 2 rods up with pulley pennalls armed with sandeel and cast out, not out long before goin in the box for the wet weather gear, a few more casts and still nothing when a few boys below me pulled up a nice mullet which was right underneath them, weighed it for them which went at 3lb 9oz he did not return it, after that they packed up and left. the only other fish i seen pulled out was a dog and a very small smoothy which come from the end. A few guys packed up and left at the front of the pier so i thought i'll make my way to fill their space and thats then when it all started happening for me, 1st cast with sandeel 1st dog then the guy next to me pulled in rebaited with sandeel cast out wasnt in the water more that 3 mins and i seen his rod bend over 3 times i said u had a knock on ya rod then m8 he picked up reeled in and had a 3lb 4oz s e ray, he then packed up and left me a couple of sandeel i used these and only caught 3 more dogs, no sandeel left then about 12:30 i decided last cast and thought i've got to get me 1 of these rays, with all sandeel gone i thought put a whole squid on and try my luck, in the water probably about 10 mins when i seen the tip tap a couple of times i thought i hope i hope this is it i picked the rod up held it for a minute tapped again and then struck when i started reelin it felt like a good dogfish all the way untill i got it right to the front of the pier then the rod was arched right over tellin me this was no dogfish, then i thought it could be a good conger bcos it was tryin to dive back to the bottom all the time when i eventually got it up i found the smaller hook of the pennall rig in its mouth rather than the bigger 1 but do u think i cared about that...not a chance so the only camera i had with me was on my mp4 player which got no flash so i used the light of my headlight to get some pics, weighed the fish and it went at 3lb 10oz
Here goes, sorry about the bad quality

·
Registered
770 Posts
That ray looks like an extra from a horror movie.

Tidy little session.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Arrived just after 6pm sat in the car for a few mins deciding whether to fish the harbour wall or the pier, in the end chose the pier got gear out of car walked about quarter of the way then had to turn back, forgot to lock the car:doh: anyway got to the pier and setup on top shelf alongside 2 guys. set 2 rods up with pulley pennalls armed with sandeel and cast out, not out long before goin in the box for the wet weather gear, a few more casts and still nothing when a few boys below me pulled up a nice mullet which was right underneath them, weighed it for them which went at 3lb 9oz he did not return it, after that they packed up and left. the only other fish i seen pulled out was a dog and a very small smoothy which come from the end. A few guys packed up and left at the front of the pier so i thought i'll make my way to fill their space and thats then when it all started happening for me, 1st cast with sandeel 1st dog then the guy next to me pulled in rebaited with sandeel cast out wasnt in the water more that 3 mins and i seen his rod bend over 3 times i said u had a knock on ya rod then m8 he picked up reeled in and had a 3lb 4oz s e ray, he then packed up and left me a couple of sandeel i used these and only caught 3 more dogs, no sandeel left then about 12:30 i decided last cast and thought i've got to get me 1 of these rays, with all sandeel gone i thought put a whole squid on and try my luck, in the water probably about 10 mins when i seen the tip tap a couple of times i thought i hope i hope this is it i picked the rod up held it for a minute tapped again and then struck when i started reelin it felt like a good dogfish all the way untill i got it right to the front of the pier then the rod was arched right over tellin me this was no dogfish, then i thought it could be a good conger bcos it was tryin to dive back to the bottom all the time when i eventually got it up i found the smaller hook of the pennall rig in its mouth rather than the bigger 1 but do u think i cared about that...not a chance so the only camera i had with me was on my mp4 player which got no flash so i used the light of my headlight to get some pics, weighed the fish and it went at 3lb 10oz
Here goes, sorry about the bad quality

cracking sesh mate, cnt wait to get bk out again hoping to go thursday if my new rod comes in time ,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts