World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished there today from 4pm to 8.30pm(hightide was 5.15pm ish)

When i arrived the weather turned a bit nasty,,and there was a flutter of snow,,subsequently the wind picked up,,and the guy who was already on the lighthouse left..

I watched my rods bounce around in the wind,pulled in my first fish when i decided to re bate,nice sized pouting,(returned)

After a quiet spell,,again i decided to rebate,and pulled in a small whiting,(returned,but was dead because of that swim bladder thing)

Next thing my new ron tompson rod went nuts,,and i struggled to pull in a massive doggy on one hook and a whiting on the other(undersized) both returned

I then pulled in my first Big whiting on Mackeral (1.7lb),just as i had bated up and cast out again,My Trusty Shakespear Summit started bouncing,Pulled in another whiting much the same wieght,,this time caught on Ragworm.

45 mins later..Ole Ron Went Beserk,,bending all over the place..And again, i had 2 whiting,one on one hook,one on the other..Again both over 1 and a half pound..

Missed a couple of decent knocks..But all in all,,a crack few hours fishing..

An yes,,the lighthouse is disgusting,,it could really do with a clean..cmon fellas..chuck you old bait in the water when you leave,,and take the rubbish home.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Sounds like you had a good time .It's nice when a plan comes together .
Are the rat still down there ? Someone told me that they've eaten so much rubbish they can't get in there holes (so be kind to the rats they need to go on a diet ) and as for the smell it can turn you blind .HEE HEE

·
Registered
110 Posts
I must agree, the light house is horrible I don't understand why people can't tidy up after them selves.
saying that the last time I was at whitches pointand Ogmore deeps it was the same, there where ammo mackrel bags all over the place old news paper and all sorts of stuff, I don't understand why people can't take it home and put it in the bin, If they can be bothered carrying it over there when it's full why can't they take it home when it's empity.

Some of my favorite marks have been ruined by inconsiderate knobs leaving rubbish behind. I'll never forget Burry homes after it got featured in sea angler, It was without dought the best place to get stranded for 6 hours but then the rubbish appeared and broke my heart. How are we suppose to teach our kids to look after the planet if they get accosted by rubbish every time they go fishing.

Sorry about the rant but it does make me mad. Look after what we've got because one day (at this rate) it will be gone.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I No Wot U Mean Guys, The Foreshore Wall Is Full Of It, I Dont Even Eat Sarnies There If I Can Help It,,and It Stinks,, Getting Beyond A Joke Now..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts