World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there....
Some "LOW LIFE'S" have broken into a couple of boats in the new Marina in Porthcawl... Damaging the door of one boat and damaging the door and stealing a number of things from another... Some of those articles were fishing reels.. A couple of ABU 7500's in silver ... so if you see any, or are offered any for sale, please PM me or get in touch with the Police...... What the SCUM tidn't realise was that every move they made was recorded on CCTV with the 2 cameras we have in place down there.... The recordings will be studied by the police tomorrow, and hopefully the S##t HEADS will have their front doors knocked very soon... But also other people involved will be viewing the the said recordings, so the hunt will be on for the said culprits on a few fronts.... I think they'd better pray the police do their job quickly.... Because anybody on here who knows the person who had his boat robbed, will also know that these PRATTS could have made a very big mistake indeed...:crazy:

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Hello Ray, that's disappointing to hear, how did they get access to the pontoons? Aren't they shut off from public? Good luck in finding the culprits, don't bank on the police doing much, they'll probably just get a slap on the hand! John

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hello Ray, that's disappointing to hear, how did they get access to the pontoons? Aren't they shut off from public? Good luck in finding the culprits, don't bank on the police doing much, they'll probably just get a slap on the hand! John
I thought it was the courts who issued the punishment and not the police ?.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Mmmm groundbait me thinks for these vermin,
Take em for a trip out too Tusker Rock at low water on a Spring tide???
Dont forget too wave too them as you drift downtide screaming my engines not starting?????

·
Registered
85 Posts
Had my boat broken into last august only in the water for four days lesson learned the hard way now I have installed security cams an alarm system and selecta DNA spray device the cams allow me to see who is on my boat if I don't know them I will just activate the spray device they will turn bright orange the dye is a fine powder that seeps through clothing and colours the skin but does not color the deck just have to make sure that it don't contact skin or leather the things you gotta do to protect your tub put it back on the water almost 9 days later they struck again this time they noticed the cam on the wheelhouse roof they gave it a whack cracked the dome and scarped pretty quickly they must of hurt themselves getting out the port side into the water lol I also have tracker devices in the engine and between the prop and water pump they are cheap and easy to install my cams are running constantly and fuly charged from a solar panel that i installed the load goes to an inverter which has a USB slot it draw less than an amp per day I will catch these persons and when I do,,,,, lol google selectadna there is a phone number to get the products the spray device cost me 1200notes the cams cost just short of 600notes and the alarm 24 the trackers cost me 105each I have three but hey what can you do to protect your hard earned lol oh and if you are like me you won't leave anything on the boat for these rogues to nick in future but you can set traps for them lol I hope they get the gear back . Lol

·
Registered
381 Posts
I think he's only there on tide times morning through to the evening.
That's a wake call for them I'm on the waiting list for a berth and my mates are going in this week. I hope it's just a one off. The ramp down to the pontoon is only about 3 feet from the wall that's nothing for these whipper snapper thieves to leap on too.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Talking to a friend of mine this evening who was one of the people who's boat was broken into and had all his tackle stolen,he is not a guy you would want to tangle with.Their nothing but a bunch of low lifes thieving scum. :uhuh:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi there...
Just an update... the police also have fingerprints now as well.... got to be honest a bit dissapointed with their responce so far.... they came today Monday and it happened last Thursday night... looking at the recordings from the CCTV it looks like there were 3 of them in their late teens.. The police are going to try and get close ups of their faces from the recordings..... fingers crossed.... and yes I have no faith in the CPS.... and to be honest I don't think the police have either...

·
Registered
381 Posts
I wouldn't hold your breath my mates garage got done over last year they cleaned him out of all his tools the police turned up two weeks later and just gave him a crime number that's it.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I wouldn't hold your breath my mates garage got done over last year they cleaned him out of all his tools the police turned up two weeks later and just gave him a crime number that's it.

if there's any evidence left at the scene of the crime they will act on it however if there is no evidence then obviously they cant!!

Thought this was a fishing forum not a " have a go at the Police forum"

Any way I hope the culprits are caught and the Police may get a hit on the cctv. As for the items nicked Check local second hand shops, gumtree freeads etc you may get lucky.

·
Registered
133 Posts
fish n chips where did you get the tracker from? just got a new boat and bit worried the sully camper are going to cut my transom off! would be nice to send pc plod knocking on their fibre glass door :hammer:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts