World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Porthcawl from the lighthouse yesterday.
Arrived at about 9am before the winds picked up and fished there until about 1.30pm.
Eventually bad weather and poor fishing forced a move to Porthcawl wall.
Out of the ten or so people fishing the peer I saw only two dogfish caught the whole time I was there, one fortunately by myself on mackerel. Thus my day was saved from blanking, as that was the only bite I had for the rest my time fishing.

An old guy next to me caught the other and unfortunately decided to smash its head in on the lighthouse steps and leave it there (along with piles of rubbish) to rot.
This behaviour is just what anti blood sport campaigners are looking for from anglers to further their campaign, and is really a disgrace to see.
I spent the latter half of my time in a festering rage hoping he would not catch anything else, for his sake.

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
You always get this type of behaviour from some idiots

Fortunately this is the minority (I hope) and most anglers I speak to are of the same ideas as most of us about conservation and littering.

At the end of some days fishing if it were not for the smaller (less desirable shall we say) species eg pouting dogfish rockling some sessions would be fishless.

The quicker 'the minority' realise this the better :mad:

·
Registered
383 Posts
why cant these inbred muppets simply take their waste away its not hard work.prehaps they havent got the iq to work out the litter in the bin concept.but surely it boils down to them being right old lazy b#####ds.they make my blood boil.but they always seem to catch fish BAN EM!!!!!!! would be nice :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
marcus said:
i havent seen anything like that fortunatly..but if i do,,the person doing it will know about it. :cool:
I aint actually seen someone killing a doggie for no reason but a couple of boys on Porthcawl pier a while back were chucking them as far and as high as they could back into the sea....trying to kill 'em. Total disrespect

It's a good job doggies are hardy and survive well!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts