World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
44,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Set up on the lower level of the pier just as the sea began to appear. Half an hour later was joined by Rob and Phil The Float. Wind was a lot stronger than expected and was blowing tripods over and fishing was slow. Whiting slowly began to appear with me being the last to catch one. Then the doggies came although not in plague proportions. Then Phil managed to winkle out a Pollock on the float gear.

SOS (son of snaggletooth) got in the act with a dog and was well pleased to catch a whiting on the last cast of the day. I ended up with a couple of whiting, a dog that got lost in a tangle of lines (tide rip and wind made life difficult) and a small thornback of about 1lb and a half.

Needless to say, though the fishing was slow the company was the best. Many thanks to Rob and PTF for the meet.:clap3: :clap3: :clap3: :clap3:

·
Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,213 Posts
Was nice to finally meet you mate, also Mrs Snaggle and Snaggle Jr. :)

Phil's CM had a broken butt ring due to his rod blowing over in the wind, mine survived a tumble without a scratch thankfully, I'm not taking it there anymore anyway, trying to cast a 14ft rod with a wall behind you is a waste of time.

2 Whiting and a doggie for me, all on macky, depite the wind and the slow fishing we had a laff and plenty of mickey taking which is what it's all about. ;)

I took loads of grub and my kids scoffed it all, called in the chippy on the way home and they scoffed all that as well. Must be the sea air! :blink:

·
Banned
44,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shame about Phils rod. Mine only blew over once with no damage (thankfully) maybe the fact I had two rods on helped keep it upright.

Mrs tooth couldn't get over how well your kids got on together.:clap3: Shame it was a bit too windy for them to fish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts