World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as i was walking on to porthcawl pier last night this guy was walking off i asked him if he had any joy he replied i had a ray of 7lb , i didnt see no 7lb ray hanging out of his bag though unless he put it back , so i carried on the pier ,couple there fishing , lucky enough me an my mate managed to get out to the light house , where i had a 10lb ray from last year( nice fish) and we fished it for 4 hours or so shelterd from the wind by the light house im glad to say because i dont know if anyone went fishing last night but the wind was up , anyway in the 4 hours me an my mate should have taken a kennel for the amount of dogs we had , nothing else moving there , quite a poor night , and the stench from the light house was terrific , no wonder there is big rats there its a heaven there for them , it was a faily clear night , had a look around the coast to see signs light but nothing , dont think there was many fishing that way last night , o well did anybody hook into anything big the weekend ? .

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
The stench comes from lazy beer heads urinating on the walls, instead of going to the toilet around the corner.

Fisherman leaving bait there to rot.

People cutting up bait and leaving the bits.

I even saw someone defacate there once.

Also a few idiots had an airgun there once, they were shooting a rat. I told them they were idiots, they said the rats are vermin, I told em its because of people like them leaving litter that they were there in the first place.

And shooting a rat dead and leaving it there will attract more rats.

Fishing will either be banned or permitted at porthcawl, no doubt about it, the locals are disgusted with the behaviour of some fisherman there, and they are quite right.

I went down to a breakwater in barry the other day, even more idiots on there.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Swansea West Pier is the same, its only a matter of time before Assoc British Ports put a stop to issuing permits to fish there! It would make sense to put a barrier at the entrance to all these piers (similar to those at marina's), & when you buy your permit you get a swipe card. No swipe card! no entry! & anglers or security eject people without cards, or who leave rubbish. They can be policed by the responsible anglers who are prepared to pay for their fishing, making things impossible for the irresponsible ones, "naming names" has always a useful way of getting common sense to prevail.
blueskip

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it was umping there i even seen a seagul ther dead with no feathers on it , it was decomposing , as i say its a rats heaven , something needs to be done about it , eg have some one from time to time to go to the pier an spray out chemicals there and with a generator type thing, jet wash it down anyone agree,

·
Registered
464 Posts
Its the same everywhere, i fished witches last week and it was buzzing up there and tons off line just put into a ball and left behind the lazy b*&"$%ds cant be bothered to carry there **** back down to the bin in the car park, its only when i fish easy access places such as Witches, the Deeps, Swansea West Pier i see this shite, just glad i fish the harder to get to marks so the lazy b*&^$%ds cant be arsed to walk there.

Rant over :)

·
Registered
9,045 Posts
rubbers said:
it was umping there i even seen a seagul ther dead with no feathers on it , it was decomposing , as i say its a rats heaven , something needs to be done about it , eg have some one from time to time to go to the pier an spray out chemicals there and with a generator type thing, jet wash it down anyone agree,
hi. its the most disgusting jetty around no wonder the public complain about.i avoid it like anything.there are some good fishing to be had there,theres allways minority who spoil it for others. get the best jet wash ,100 galls bleach and blast them with it.i would close the jetty, fence it off clean it up ,swipe card etc.thats better cheers :eek:

·
Registered
472 Posts
Be very carful with the type of bleach you use if anyone is serious about jet washing an area that drains into the sea.
you may damage the area more than the stinky fish guts and urine.
which after all are natural chemicals.

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
no one was seriously thinking of cleaning it mate...as its impossible,,,no power source or fresh water source..

I dont own a generator or water pump...

What i meant was,,if i had the chance too..i would,,the bleach thing was a joke..

Just plenty of jet powered water would do the trick!! :cool:

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
I have to agree it does get stinking up there sometimes and it does seem to get worse in the summer.

Thing is the locals are complaining and stuff......like Spence said a lot of the easy to get to marks are like this!

I have yet to see any empty sandeel or mackerel packets down Sker or Monknash.

As for the rotting bits of bait left at marks to attract rats why don't people throw them in the sea to attract more fish instead.

Unfortunatly the more I hear of this type of thing.....the more I think the minority are those of us who do try our best to leave marks clean and litter free and the litterers are actually the majority!! :mad:

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had been thinking of doing some shore/beach fishing. Suffering with a bit of a dodgy hip I was going to look for fairly easy access.

Reading the postings here makes it seem like that idea is a non starter.

If I was there, I'd get very upset with their disrespect of their surroundings and causing needless suffering to the fish. No doubt I'd tell the culprits and then I'd recieve some suffering myself etc. So - best stay away. :(

I'm sure, at least 95%, are very good and friendly fisherman. Sad that so few can spoil it for everybody else :mad:

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
Don't let it spoil your fishing mate.

If your worried about getting upset and having a go at the culprits you could fish somewhere else.

Personally i try not to let it get me

But Penarth pier would ba a good alternative as it is locked in the nights and has got a warden so it is kept clean.

My preference at this time of year would be porthcawl though

·
Registered
63 Posts
Barrelreef said:
Don't let it spoil your fishing mate.

If your worried about getting upset and having a go at the culprits you could fish somewhere else.

Personally i try not to let it get me

But Penarth pier would ba a good alternative as it is locked in the nights and has got a warden so it is kept clean.

My preference at this time of year would be porthcawl though
Thanks Barrelreef for that info about Penarth !

Is Mumbles Pier also OK, as I understand it's supervised and locked etc ?

Cheers - Jack

·
Registered
63 Posts
bowenp01 said:
FYI ..

Penarth Pier is closed to fishing from June 1st through till September 1st.
Thanks Bowen - nearly went.

But, no doubt, I would have only been doing my enviromentalist thing; feeding crabs & fish - not fishing :D

Sounds if could be a good place in the Winter????

Cheers - Jack

1 - 17 of 17 Posts