World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and Blue1927 and his mate fished the lighthouse on the pier tonight...

First,,let me thank blue for the use of his bait elastic and baby wipes.(sounds bizarre dont it! :eek: ) top man..

Im dumb and forgot mine,,

Anyway,

Fished from 5pm till 11pm....Another fella up there landed a 8lb small eyed..and nearly landed a 10ish small eyed..lost it at the wall(someone helpin him missed it,,and it threw the hook)

Had a loooad of the ole Woofters..about 6 or so was my count..saw loads being brought it by others..

I threw a whole squid on a pulley...and lobbed it a good 100yrds out to the right hand side of the point as you face southerndown..left it there for a good 30mins,,when the rip set in,,,i reeled in and desided to cast out about 50yrds into the bay on the left,using the same squid,,which by now had gone white,,and rubbery and scentless..Within 30 seconds..my line went completely slack..i reeled in slowly feeling no wieght at all..until the last 10 yrds or so,,,when my Rod bent double in my hands,,,and was bouncing all over the shop...blue1927 went down those big steps...and pulled in a brand new species for me..

I'd caught my first Smooth hound :cool: ,,weighing in at about 6.5lbs... :cool:

i was chuffed..and still am..

It was retured after some short admiration...what a beautiful fish..

Its times like that I realise why I fish...Great company,,and a great fish to round up the day..

Marcus :cool:

·
Registered
437 Posts
nice one marcus well done m8 wheres the photo cos poacher will dispute it!!

·
Registered
311 Posts
marcus i know moderators can tell some really good stories is this another one or will blue back you up on this

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well done Marcus, Fished the pier Tuesday Night, Caught 9 doggies and 2 small thornbacks. A good night in bad conditions.

·
Registered
57 Posts
well done on the smoothie again mate.

i lost count on the amount of doggies i had after you left. we stayed until there was no water left around the pier but couldnt catch anything else :p

·
Registered
331 Posts
well done marcus im glad that people are catching decent fish off the pier as the barrel reef might want to fish there again now thers lots of different species coming in off the light house this year sounds good hopefully the pier will be seing me this afternoon

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i fought well when it about 5yrds out....when bezerk it did..

I didnt take my camera,,wasent really expecting anything,so didnt think about it,

Blue1927 forgot his too,,bit of a bugger really. i would have liked to ave taken a pic
:cool:

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
i won,t dispute it m8, after all mods dont tell lies, they cant, they are not allowed, we wouldn,t. would we, ........noooooooooooooo. well done the marcus.

·
Registered
94 Posts
good for you mate , now an again i venture to porthcawl pier , had a smoothhound from there last year about 2lb , they give a tremendous battle , its also a good ray venue you know mate, keep up the good work fells.

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes mate,,saw 2 of em yesterday 8 and 10lb

and 1 today around 5lb...

i had a poor day today though..lost most of my traces,theres a big snag directly out from the lighthouse..seen a few people losing alot of gear on it,,not sure what it is though

·
Registered
57 Posts
i think it means that old guy has been out dropping trollies again mate.

guess ill head down in a few days ;)

you didnt happen to have your name on your traces did you? :D

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no,,but i got the name of the old guy..

If its true ,,(which it was in the past,,)

Ill shove them trollies up his nose (nose is just a substitute word)
:cool:
Got to wait for a really low tide to check it out.

I might ask the Lifeboat people,,if they know anything about it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts