World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
MSW R.I.P
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished porthcawl pier this morning from about 4am, first came a littlte whiting then a bunch of doggies, decided to shorten my casts to see if i could find the rays, as daylight broke got into my first ever blonde ray weighing in at just under 6lbs,then came another few doggies, then a nice strong pull on the rod, another blonde, started bringing it in but couldnt get it up the wall, managed to handline it up about 3/4's of the way and snap!:hammer: gutted, i would have a guess it was 8-9lbs which would of been my pb ray overall, anyways still happy to have my first blonde, 8 doggies and 2 whiting.
i picked up a black bag full of rubbish, and it stunk!! there was bait everywhere still quite fresh so it was last nights, there was makkie sandeel and squid just left to rot, cans and the worst stench of pi$$ i have ever smelt, think we better make the most of this venue as its only a matter of time before they stop us using it.
oh well moan over gonna take mrs and kids out for the day now!! no rest for the wicked!

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
nice report sounds like you had a good session, some good fish appearing again are you sure they were blonde rays cos they are pretty rare off the pier i would suggest they were smalleyed if you took photos post them up and i will check for you .
i fished there friday night left at 1am not a stitch of rubbish there took a black bag full off there same as you i dont bother on saturdays too many numptys there hence the rubbish left good on you for cleaning up and thanks save me doing it tonight

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
well done on the rays and the clean up :victory::victory:

·
Registered
653 Posts
Well done on making the effort mate, i cant seem to find any incentive lately. Not a bad sesh by all accounts, i take my hat off to you for picking up the rubbish. :clap3:

·
Team Foreshore
1,281 Posts
Good effort mate.... I dropped my rod bags in the yellow water last time I was there. 3 hand washes to get the smell out of them.

Well done on the ray and to gerw and you for making the effort to keep it clean!

Jon

·
Insane Poster
2,852 Posts
fished porthcawl pier this morning from about 4am, first came a littlte whiting then a bunch of doggies, decided to shorten my casts to see if i could find the rays, as daylight broke got into my first ever blonde ray weighing in at just under 6lbs,then came another few doggies, then a nice strong pull on the rod, another blonde, started bringing it in but couldnt get it up the wall, managed to handline it up about 3/4's of the way and snap!:hammer: gutted, i would have a guess it was 8-9lbs which would of been my pb ray overall, anyways still happy to have my first blonde, 8 doggies and 2 whiting.
i picked up a black bag full of rubbish, and it stunk!! there was bait everywhere still quite fresh so it was last nights, there was makkie sandeel and squid just left to rot, cans and the worst stench of pi$$ i have ever smelt, think we better make the most of this venue as its only a matter of time before they stop us using it.
oh well moan over gonna take mrs and kids out for the day now!! no rest for the wicked!
Nice one on getting your first ever blonde ray, and good on ya for collecting other peoples sh1te,, and you're right it does whiff a bit at times,, But if it wasn't for people like Gerwyn and his lads it would be a whole lot worse,, Tight 'uns,, Marc..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts