World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a couple of hours down porthcawl today fishing of the top ledge of the pier. turned out to be a pretty good day for me. Between 10.30am and 3.30pm i caught 9 Blonde ray (at least i think they were blondies as i have never caught a ray of any sort in my life before today) and 3 Dog fish. Nothing worth keeping but I was happy all the same. Fish were caught on Squid. i was also using mackerel and crab but nothing caught off them.

The guy next to me was calling me all the names under the sun because he had been there all night and caught nothing and i turn up and catch somthing with almost every cast.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually i just checked some pictures online of the ones i caught and they where indeed small eyed ray.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got some pics on my fone, not really worth putting up though. three of them were of a decent size but i released all of them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i would say the three decent ones were around the 5-6lb mark each but that is a total guess as i didnt have a weighing scales. the others were about the size of a saucer

·
Serious Angler
1,078 Posts
weldone on the rays m8,awsome :fishing1: there :thumbs::thumbs:

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
nice session you had there thats the way the pier fishes sometimes one tide nothing the next fill your boots hell of a way to start your ray fishing
well done

·
Banned
3,346 Posts
I had a couple of hours down porthcawl today fishing of the top ledge of the pier. turned out to be a pretty good day for me. Between 10.30am and 3.30pm i caught 9 Blonde ray (at least i think they were blondies as i have never caught a ray of any sort in my life before today) and 3 Dog fish. Nothing worth keeping but I was happy all the same. Fish were caught on Squid. i was also using mackerel and crab but nothing caught off them.

The guy next to me was calling me all the names under the sun because he had been there all night and caught nothing and i turn up and catch somthing with almost every cast.
9 rays awsome session ,get some pics up mate -- rays are good any size always nice to see ,,,, some ,,,, good ,,,, pic's,,,,,

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well done mate sounds like a great days fishing, fished there loads of times, only ever had a couple of rays ,loads of doggies,and other fish. great sesh mate:clap2:

·
Registered
583 Posts
9 rays in one session thats great well done normally get more doggies than rays cracking session

·
Registered
314 Posts
never catching rays before and then to land 9 is a cracking sesh in anyone's book, as said... look forward to the pics :happy:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts