World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the lighthouse today from 8pm till 2am..plenty of dogs about..

Saw a baby tope and a small codling brought in..

Myself, I had about 8 dogs,,and a little small eyed ray,(bout 1.5lb)..

Met barrelreef and valleyboyo up there..nice to meet you chaps... :cool:

The place was full of rubbish again as usual for a weekend..I cleaned up a bit..took a bag of rubbish with me when i left.. :mad:

nice evenings fishing though!!!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Also fished the lighthouse at Porthcawl peer on the 29th.
plenty of fish being caught mostly doggies though, which I'm happy to say were being returned unharmed by my fellow fishermen. :)

Caught only two fish myself a baby tope and a dogfish both taken on peeler crab.
After the peelers ran out we (sirfishalot and I) switched to rag which failed to produce the goods so we called it a day.

This was the first time I have fished from the lighthouse at porthcawl and the state of the place (for a tourist area )was filthy.
Unsuprisingly the area was completely devoid of any council bins.

A short period of scouting on the internet has turned up the E-mail address for the councillor of Porthcawl (Katherine Rosemary Turberville Deere)
Who would be the person to contact to arrange the placement of a bin in the area.

If any forum members feel obliged they could e-mail to see if this could be arranged and save Marcus the effort of cleaning up other peoples rubbish.
The more E-mails sent the more chance we get of getting our bin. The address is

[email protected]

Also a group of us are planning a camping/fishing excursion in the near future
does anyone know of any places that fish well both at low and high tides as we will likely be fishing for a full 24 hours. (Bliss :D )

Btw Marcus what did you catch your ray on.

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you were up on the top ledge from me mate,,i was the one with a black coat fishing two rods towards trecco..

Im the one who told you you had a baby tope?..there was three of you in your group wasent there??

I caught the ray on sandeel mate.

My missus's sister is on the council...they have a litter man up there most mornings cleaning up...a bin would be an idea..but,bins means rats...

If people were just careful,,and take there rubbish off the pier,,to the bin that is situated in front of the RNLI shop..things would be alot easier..

But theres no telling some of the yobs that fish up there on the weekends,,even if there was a bin...thered still be litter everywhere..

I make a concious effort to take at least a bag full of OTHER PEOPLES rubbish with me when i leave..when i left last night,,i left it pretty clean..i shouldn't have to do this,,but there was no way i was gonna leave one of m y favorite fishing spots in that state.
:cool:

·
Registered
472 Posts
Marcus my commendations go out to you mate.
You’re right though you shouldn’t have to clean up other people’s rubbish.
Some people just don’t seem to grasp that theres a connection between the environment and their sport.
What is strange though, is this seems to be the case only with sea fishermen.
All the fly fishermen and river anglers I know all seem to be budding ecologists and conservationists. Go figure. :confused:

Btw you don’t happen to know any good camping/fishing spots around do you.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Its called a fishing permit.

If you are a member of a coarse fishing club and leave litter you are banned. I have seen people thrown off ponds, they sign a form saying they are responsible for litter left in their area. Easy. But sea fisherman always seem to say yeah I agree but, no but etc,

If you are a sea fisherman there is NO sanction at all on the average rod and line fisherman.

Wether or not it is brought in and policed properley is another matter.

I went to a breakwater in barry yesterday, it would be easy to charge a nominal fee there.

As it is the vast majority of people fishing there were complete idiots , not caring a stuff about the fish they caught or the mess they left.

This obviuosly doesnt apply to the anglers who care enough to post on here and help each other out, there are some old anglers who you meet who are great fellas but a lot of sea anglers are really a pain to themselves.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Well done Marcus maybe you ain't so evil after all i always try and take rubbish home as Blueskip will testify-he's seen the inside of my Rangie but there simply is no getting through to some people. Bio-you wanna camp......or fish?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Both but I'll camp on the sharp side of a razor blade so long as the fishing is good. :eek:
Any 24hr good fishing mark will do me fine preferably between Swansea and Cardiff.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Sorry m8 can't help between Swansea and Cardiff but if you have a butchers for threads about Cefn Sidan it might suit there's a camp site close by in Pembrey Country park, I'm sure the numbers in the book

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you can camp by nash lighthouse and fish monknash beach i believe..That would be good as long as theres good weather..

Theres 2 camp sites in porthcawl..

Slon lane in nottage,,and happy valley..leaving you plenty of places to fish around porthcawl,,not just the pier.

i dont know much else..sorry

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
Not a bads night fishing - lots of doggies
Nice to have met a forum member and well done on the ray marcus

Hello Bio
I spoke to you for a time up on the top ledge............. in fact I think 1st cast i put one right over your line. oops :D No harm done
Should have said you were a member mate

anyway all the best to you all hope me an valley boyo see you out again some time

1 - 15 of 15 Posts