World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone out there fished Newton Point over high tide using the float?? What with those 2 rocks sticking up and the terrain I would assume it might be a good venue!

I know that it is good over the low water period but very snaggy!

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I havnt but I know a fair few people do, at high tide you should be able to drop a bait in close, prehaps float fishing at night might be an idea

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
pothcawl is that the big rock behind barry

·
Registered
409 Posts
i'v fished newton a few times at high tide but never with a float have thought about it thought. you gotta watch if you decide to fish off the 2 big rocks sticking up because the tide comes in around you pretty quick, its allright on small tides but on big tides the rocks are completely under water.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What I meant was from the the platform at the point! Looks a good depth of water there on mid-range tides to drop a float over the side and let the current take the float/bait combo where it wants to go!

·
Registered
409 Posts
on big tides even the platforms are under water, the only part left to fish in the rocks on the left hand side directly infront of the car park all the rest is underwater.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
so i take it its not behind barry then ,thanks 4 answering m8

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rob85Dav said:
on big tides even the platforms are under water, the only part left to fish in the rocks on the left hand side directly infront of the car park all the rest is underwater.
I think those are the platforms, I was thinking of maybe mid-range tides! NOT staying on the 2 bits of sticky up rocks! You lot know what I mean!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts