World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi lads iam new to this forum, I have fished Porthgain in the summer, and loved fishing up there, but never tried fishing it in the winter, could anyone please tell me what it fishs like.
B)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi poacher/ porthgain is up by saint Davids you just carry on through the coast road till you see the sign for porthgain then turn left and carry on down to the harbour, there are quicker ways to get to it but it is a bit hard to explain. The fishing is really good in the summer.
B)

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Welshbouy. I will be fishing this area a lot this winter. There are lots of huss and conger around Porthgain, but a few of us are trying to get cod. We know they're there somewhere, it's just finding them is the problem. Give us a shout if you want to join in.

Cheers,

Rhod.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
i dont no the area jet, but the boys who do will tell us, i aws thinkin has any1 fished southerndown lately,, wonder what its doing at moment..

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
thanks welshbouy. i bet there r a lot of nice places out there nobody has tried.i like new spots cos u never no whats 2 b had..

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Jetstream. That certainly is the place. You can see Porthgain with its little harbour and lovely pub (The Sloop). Anybody going there can access lots of marks around the harbour itself, or walk the coastal path from the left side of the harbour. The picture shows the sort of territory you can expect - rocky headlands, deep water, rough ground with kelp patches and strong lateral tides. On the flood the flow is from left to right except in the harbour approaches where there is a back eddy. Caught my biggest pollack (7 lbs) from the first fishable rock platform to the left of the harbour. Also, a lot of fishy type waste ends up in the harbour from the fishing boats. Probably why someone I met had a 7 lb bass from the harbour wall a couple of autumns ago.

Cheers,

Rhod ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
hiya i often fish porthclais in summeranyone know of any species you can catch ther and wat bait to use if so let me know

1 - 10 of 10 Posts