World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright guys, used to go porthkerris mackeral/pollock bashing as a kid, been a few years since i was last in cornwall and me and a mate are going in july.

just wondered how it has been fishing of late?

also, ive never bottom fished there and would like to know of the best methods and the species available.

cheers

sean :D

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
welcome to the mad house m8 if you do a rearch on the place you are staying they should be loads of post there you can read through ..........tight lines:fishing1:

·
Registered
696 Posts
there was a few mackeral there a week ago but the wind has been bad lately so not sure now, but i expect there will be tons of mackeral in july, if you fish evening you might pick up a few herring.

Bottom fishing, i know plaice have been caught off the "disabled " spot on the sandbank bank, casting towards porthallow. You will get plagued with wrasse on worm, maybe the odd pollock, night time doggies, conger, huss, rockling.

hope this helps

martin

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, much appreciated :D

always remember it as been a deep spot, so i guess only god knows whats lurking around on the bottom :D

im going to put a rod out for conger, and another out for the huss and maybe ray if they are caught here?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts