World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I'm down in Porthmadog from tomorrow night for the weekend. I've checked the tide tables and high water is quite late in the night. Due to family commitments I'm only free in the evenings and so it looks as if I will have to fish at low water. I will have my beach casting rod, my Penn Bass Progression and my Carp rod with me. Can you suggest any low water marks that are fishing well and tips on how to fish them.

I've spent some time recently fishing the Glaslyn estuary marks down Borth Y Gest and they are not fishing well (light gear rag on a running ledger). I've had too many blanks and so have others I have spoken with. Therefore, I ready to move elsewhere and try alternative methods. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Pwllheli should get you a fish or two even at low.

Blast out a big bait with the beach caster for the Ray ,Huss and obviously Doggies,then small hooks with pieces of sand eel for the smaller species closer in on the lighter gear.

Be down there meself on friday night fishin low up......might see you there :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are there any particular rigs and baits you use at low water? I will like you fish it up. As well as sticking the big rod out, is it worth putting a lure on, I've had mixed success in the area fishing feathers with a dexter wedge on the end used for weight? What marks do you advise, main beach or harbour?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts