World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi al, as i,m new to the forum , would like to pick everyones brains , going fishing on portland this wk/end , hoping to catch some nice wrasse and pollack , could anyone give me some tips , i.e gear best used, floats / lures/ or on bottom , baits / etc. any help would be very grateful for, thanking you all for any responces.

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
Hi al, as i,m new to the forum , would like to pick everyones brains , going fishing on portland this wk/end , hoping to catch some nice wrasse and pollack , could anyone give me some tips , i.e gear best used, floats / lures/ or on bottom , baits / etc. any help would be very grateful for, thanking you all for any responces.
Welcome!
Best bet is to head to Pulpit rock and fish 1 1/2 hours either side of low, or when the tide slows down basically.
It's where the UK shore record wrasse was caught some years back.
Hardback will tempt the bigger ones but do take a few spare leads as it's really rough.
It's not too bad at range and this is where you'll find the big bream at this time of year.
Float squid strips will tempt them. Float tactics will catch gar, bream and pollack.
When the tide picks up you can head to the east side and fish the kelp beds next to the first boat hoist. You'll get plenty of rattles on worm baits

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks chaps, just trying to get some pointers, as never fished there before,getting a feel of gear and types of lures and bait to use, many thanks so far .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts