World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm going to Portland this weekend (Saturday - Tuesday) to stay with relatives and am hoping to do quite a bit of fishing.

I have fished Chesil this time of year with little success and also some rock marks around Portland where I've had a few pollock.

Could someone tell me what state of the tide Chesil fishes best and if it would be best to fish Chesil Cove or another area of the beach. I will be taking 2 rods and hope to fish 1 with lighter gear for smaller species and the other in hope of something bigger.

Could anyone give me any advice on marks around Portland that will produce, what bait and what rigs etc work best. I'm also hoping to fish all night saturday and sunday so I'd appreciate any marks that fish well in darkness. I was thinking maybe Church Ope Cove in hope for sole?

Any advice very much appreciated

Jordan

·
Registered
874 Posts
Church Ope cove would be a good spot for Saturday night as the predicted strong winds will make chesil rather dangerous. Have a go to the left of the bay where there is some cleaner ground. You can see it from the cliffs as you walk down. The rough ground to the far left and right look tempting but can be tackle hungry.

If you want to travel light have a go at fishing the various nooks and crannies along the east of portland. Start around Southwell and work your way up towards the bill. Its a grewat way to spend a day in calm weather.

For chesil you can have a go at chesil cove on an ebbing tide for bream, gars and gurnards among others. Further along chesil the two hours either side of high seem to work best, especially at night.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Don't know what you mean :blink:.

Private dig but now removed.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Hi all, I'm going to Portland this weekend (Saturday - Tuesday) to stay with relatives and am hoping to do quite a bit of fishing.

I have fished Chesil this time of year with little success and also some rock marks around Portland where I've had a few pollock.

Could someone tell me what state of the tide Chesil fishes best and if it would be best to fish Chesil Cove or another area of the beach. I will be taking 2 rods and hope to fish 1 with lighter gear for smaller species and the other in hope of something bigger.

Could anyone give me any advice on marks around Portland that will produce, what bait and what rigs etc work best. I'm also hoping to fish all night saturday and sunday so I'd appreciate any marks that fish well in darkness. I was thinking maybe Church Ope Cove in hope for sole?

Any advice very much appreciated

Jordan
check this site out it very informative fishing and marks around portland ??:fishing1:

www.portlandbill.co.uk :thumbs:

there are other links on my sticky seaton and axmouth fishing guide??

check it out :fishing1::thumbs:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts