World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Had a bash at Portland harbour a few days ago hoping to catch a bass which seems to be eluding me this year! There was a strong wind but was warm and sunny and had a great few hours watching a float. Fished 2 rods, one float and one running ledger with rag. Unfortunately no bass for my efforts but did bag a garfish (first of the season), my first ballan wrasse and a tiny, tiny bream. I'll catch that blasted bass yet! All in all not a bad few hours. Will post the pics when I get a chance. Cheers guys,
Pete

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi Pete,

I live on Portland and fish both Chesil and the harbour/Fleet. Was that you on shore more or less oposite the new marina? Always looking for spots in the harbour so any advise would be welcome.

Richtea

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Richtea,
No that wasn't me opposite the marina. It's the first time I've fished the harbour so was just going on internet research and friends advice but I gather there are loads of marks. Think I'm gonna try a different spot in the harbour tomorrow, any marks you can suggest? All the best mate,
Pete

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi Pete,

Its a bit of a walk but I fish the fleet quite a bit. Normally park in the main car park and walk down past the Tern nesting area and fish in front of the old slip way. I like fishing for bass and have had many a good catch and release session down there. I have also caught decent sized wrasse and flounder on ragworm. and you have the alternative of just walking over the shingle to fish Chesil if the Fleet is quiet. Good luck mate.

Richard

1 - 4 of 4 Posts