World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got bacl from fishing portland was supprised how quite it was was few people feathering but that was it. got there round 1ish to flat calm sea had frozen peeler rag worm nd squid only lost 1 hook length to crabs but was just lucky as tip was bouncing all the time. had this beauty early in session thought was guna have nice time but was the only 1 tried spinning had had 3 nice size mackerll didnt see meany other people feathering bringing in any .soon as got dark doggies came out to play the plaice came too 3 hk flapper with long slither of bluey nd dogs mainly on squid

Pebble Gravel Rock

·
Registered
111 Posts
i have heard the crabs are a problem, was thinking about fishing west bex friday, but then again there will be f**k loads of feather chuckers around :uhuh:

·
Registered
538 Posts
Don't worry too much about them, they only walk a few yards from their cars, walk west behind the beach for a bit and you'll have all the beach you need. I have read somewhere that the path has been washed away at some point, not sure where though.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah all the fluff chuckers at portland were straight up nd ova bit I walked right for a fair bit got away from them not sure what walk way could be as none that runs really behind cud b the 1 at Abbotsbury which runs up to the top of the beach

·
Registered
111 Posts
hitting portland this afternoon, any idea if the water clarity would be any good to target pollack on small jellies??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts