World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Portlethen 22nd Oct. Fished about 4 hours down from high. Not a bite until I had almost packed up (about midnight), a twitch as I was about to pull in the second rod provided a small strap conger about 3-4lbs. First conger from this mark, caught on squid/razor cocktail.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have not been fishing for the last two years due to work, but I used to fish between Arbroath and Cove most weeks. I now have the time to get back to it. Had some excellent results from Portlethen, especially from the rocks and the bay to the right hand side. Biggest came a few years back in summer at just over 8lbs, had quite a few over 6lbs. Looking forward tp my first trip in about 2 weeks time. Managed to get hold of 200 frozen crab so should keep me going for a while. Thinking of Usan for first trip - had some great bags and some really good fish - best going 14lb 3oz. Anyway anyone who wants to exchange info etc feel free to get in touch.......

·
Registered
5 Posts
Fished Inverbervie Saturday from 5 till around midnight, just 3 small dabs to show for it. I think we need some more Easterlies to push the fish back in. Fished 'bervie the previous weekend for some small Codling, but nothing of any size.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried Inverbervie myself last week, two hours before and 1 hour after high, during darkness. Not a bite did I get. I thought the sea would still be coloured and a good swell running after the winds a couple of days before, but I was wrong. Conditions were just too nice for Bervie.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Three of us fished Portlethen on Saturday, through from the morning till around 4ish. 2 of us struggled with just a Pollack apiece, but watched, stunned as one of our party had 6 Cod, plus a stack of Pollack. What was strange was that he fished in the middle, using similar bait and tactics, but fished his socks off and showed us how it was done!

Just for interest, he had a bunch of the fish on Frozen prawns!

Not sure where to head this weekend, all westerlies and a neap tide. Can't catch without a bait in the water, so will end up somwhere, and will post the results.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Fished there last friday night and had a couple of cod and a 5lb conger. Moved to Cove later on and lost another conger about 10lb on the surface. Never caught a conger on the east coast before and then 2 in one night from 2 different marks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts