World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
off to sunny porto pollensa next saturday, hope to fish for mullet, any body tried ? tactics ?? bait ??

·
Registered
461 Posts
sorry i cant help you with the fishing mate.all i can say is that local restaurants sell alot of local fish and theres alot to choose from.enjoy the holiday:fishing:

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
while fishing in fuerteventura a few years back , i was fishing for mullet using the standard methods with no luck , a local chap gave me one of his rigs and i immediatley had success, basically it was a circle of line with 3 x very short snoods each with a treble hook on , on the inside of this circle there were another 3 short lines fed through rigid plastic tube and attached to a bubble float in the middle, looks a bit like a spiders web, the whole thing is about the size of a dinner plate

baited with crispy bread this was a killer rig.

al
mullet.jpg artwork is not my strongpoint

looks a bit weird but it worked for me .

local knowledge is always best .

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
while fishing in fuerteventura a few years back , i was fishing for mullet using the standard methods with no luck , a local chap gave me one of his rigs and i immediatley had success, basically it was a circle of line with 3 x very short snoods each with a treble hook on , on the inside of this circle there were another 3 short lines fed through rigid plastic tube and attached to a bubble float in the middle, looks a bit like a spiders web, the whole thing is about the size of a dinner plate

baited with crispy bread this was a killer rig.

al
View attachment 20661 artwork is not my strongpoint

looks a bit weird but it worked for me .

local knowledge is always best .
thanks mate , will let you know how i get on !!

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
cool . the thing to remember about mullet is that you have to make sure that they have been feeding on your intended bait beforehand , in our case bread , i think this is why i was so successfull in fuerteventura , as the local kids were feeding them bread all day long .

if you find a nice mullet mark , i would feed them for a few days before fishing, otherwise you will just get frustrated as they will just swim around your bait and not be really interested.

you will probably find that in the harbours of porta pollensa , the locals will be fishing for them anyway, just go for a wee rekkie trip and talk to the locals , that way you are sure to have success.

best of luck

al

·
Registered
851 Posts
Somebody tell that Thornie its got a Stuart attached to its erse........:laugh:.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
would fit you in my suitcase to majorca mate but i think the wife would object !!! i,ll ask though !!

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Somebody tell that Thornie its got a Stuart attached to its erse........:laugh:.

i thaught he was trying to slip it one , but being polite , i didnt like to say

:roll1::roll1:

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Have a nice holiday Stuart, i hope you catch loads of fish when your there. Tight Lines

Steven

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cheers mate !! think it will be drier than etive !!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
fished alcudia bay for mullet last year used the same gear as at home
only change was hook size used size 14hook under a 2bb cristal waggler
bait was english bread from spar good look on your holiday :fishing1::fishing1::clap::fishing::clap2:

·
Registered
49 Posts
hey peeblesman,
my experience with mullet in the mediterranean is that by far the best bait to use is a tiny piece of fresh tuna!
use a light float, or waggler, light leader, best is fluorocarbon (0,16 - 0,18mm) and a small hook
try it, i am shure it will outish bread, and justabout anything else!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks mate , will post result when im back, tight lines every one !!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
hi im going to majorca in 3 weeks been there 13 times before and the fishing is excellent! you will catch mullet on bread but english bread not baguette style! beach casters are not needed foir majorca just a little travel rod! there is also a bait and tackle shop in alcudia just down from where your staying, you can apparently get stripped bass there too but your prob better off going for mullet! good luck and leave some fish there for me and my bf to catch in 3 weeks! x

1 - 15 of 15 Posts