World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am fishing out of Portrush in September, can anyone tell me if the fishing is mainly on the drift or at anchor, is the ground likely to be clean or rocky and what are the likely species on offer.

Want to make sure I don't take the kitchen sink with me if you know what I mean.

Cheers Gregor..

·
Registered
166 Posts
drift - (virtually no one anchors) over sandy ridges (probably) some times they will go out to the deeper water over "The Ridges" which are huge under sea cliffs but here too they drift.

The ridges are excellent if the wind and tide are just right right otherwise they are a tackle graveyard.

Good luck with your trip but it will beat fishing the Churchill Barriers!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your response, not too many replies in relation to questions about fishing in Ireland, thought that there would have been more!

Sounds like the boat fishing is the same as up here in relation to the ground and species.

Thanks again.

Gregor..

·
Registered
810 Posts
Thanks for your response, not too many replies in relation to questions about fishing in Ireland, thought that there would have been more!

Sounds like the boat fishing is the same as up here in relation to the ground and species.

Thanks again.

Gregor..
You have already had four replies to an earlier post on the same subject so you haven't done too bad. As I posted earlier, try Bob who owns and skippers the Wandering Star out of Portrush (07968004243) and he will put you on the fish. Doubt if you will need the kitchen sink other than to hold your catch!

·
Registered
1 Posts
i would do a lot of anchor fishing around the north coast in a number of venues from 20 feet of water to 400 feet you never know what might turn up def worth a try

1 - 6 of 6 Posts