World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I'm fairly new to sea fishing so need a bit of advice. I fish the portsmouth area and was hoping to head out soon. What sort of fish are around and where, and what rigs and baits should I be using? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Ollie

·
Banned
5,324 Posts
Hello ollie and welcome to the but house. You want to be targeting cod ad it's the start of if them now also bass , and rays.

For cod fishing u could try of ssp or selsey east or west beach, Pagham, brackleshame bay just to name a few marks or head gosport fish hillhead stokes bay brown down for a chance of cod bass rays.

Baits for the cod would want to be lug worm either blow lug or black lug or squid. Quid for the bass and sand eels blueys for the rays.
Rigs well I'd go for a pulley rig all day long or a short up and over rig hooks would want to be between 3/0 and 5/0 depending on the size of your baits.
If I was u I'd head to Pagham tonite as quite a few cod and codling have been caught from Pagham
Good luck ollie hope u bag your 1st cod soon :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.