World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Sounds like a tough evening spiceman. I was fishing a mark a little while back where it was just unfishable due to the weed even on a neap tide so left early. Thanks for sharing, and good luck with your future sessions. Tight lines

·
Registered
21,138 Posts
Fished the above Venu after very long time
It was weedy of all sorts baits were coming back untouched and covered with mushy weeds
:)October onwards it used to fish well for bass on a night tide with pout, dead or alive, being the best bait. I remember fishing there and a chap came up to me asking what had I caught and I replied, "nothing yet but hoping for some bass later". He replied that he had a couple of codling about 2lb each so I asked if I could have a look and when I saw his "codling" they were whiting about a pound each so I put him straight and told him what they were and that they were nice eating so he was happy. :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its a good spot if you know how to fish it
Well I have fished the place quite extensively until the pandemic about 3 to 4 times a month during the summer months until the pandemic, so know a bit about the place like what is hot bait there or what bait would work early season before the mackerel only thing I couldn't mastered was whenever I used to get a bite it would get snagged and couldn't land the fish

·
Registered
820 Posts
Well I have fished the place quite extensively until the pandemic about 3 to 4 times a month during the summer months until the pandemic, so know a bit about the place like what is hot bait there or what bait would work early season before the mackerel only thing I couldn't mastered was whenever I used to get a bite it would get snagged and couldn't land the fish
Have you tried pulley rigs m8?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Have you tried pulley rigs m8?
Pulley rig in that tide rip?
I fish the otherside and only use short snoods to prevent big Bass baits twisting in the tide, also a modified rotten bottom provides some hope if the lead becomes stuck fast in the bottom, strong mainline and wind like mad to get the fish up in the water.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pulley rig in that tide rip?
I fish the otherside and only use short snoods to prevent big Bass baits twisting in the tide, also a modified rotten bottom provides some hope if the lead becomes stuck fast in the bottom, strong mainline and wind like mad to get the fish up in the water.
Rotten bottom is ok but pulley rig and short snood are slow and they get cautious in feeding

1 - 11 of 11 Posts