World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I was supposed to go out on Meridian Express today on a wrecking trip. The wrecking trip was called off as there were no fish!!!!! and changed to an inshore trip.

I refused to change and didn't go. If there were no fish on the wrecks what was there to be caught inshore??? I am very disappointed with the fishing this year so far, a dead loss.

However I am looking forward to the Forum day out with Gus, and to meet up with the other lads. Roll on June, (And July when I retire)

Next trip, Eastbourne on 23rd of this month, unless i can get fixed up with a cancellation next week.

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
303 Posts
hi drew going wrecking around here on a spring tide??? any way the smoothies and tope are showing, bream won't be far behind will let you know whats reported on wednesday in local rag. last report I had on wrecks were pollack were showing one boat took 45 between 8 anglers. mate is going out this week so I'll soon find out. as they say "watch this space".

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Gus,

Don't tell me, I went through the tides that you sent to me and nearly every trip that we are booked on is a spring. We are booked right through to December of this year. When we booked up we didn't realise that the tides were against us. You assume that the skipper knows what he is doing when he offers wrecking trips.

I will ring around and see what I can do but for the time being we will have to stick with Meridian.

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
i am out wrecking on trio out of langstone on friday weather permitting.
will post up reports if we get out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts