World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed there today at around 15:00. Got to the mark after a few wrong turns (should've printed Flounder Al's directions) 2 hours before High water. Really nice looking mark lovely deep clear water and the breeze was blowing right over the top of me. I set up a ledger rod with a cocktail of rag, lug and Mackie. and launched it about 80-100 yards.
Wait was on.....
So why not chuck a dexter and see what is about, well, let me tell you there was mackeral upon mackeral upon mackeral. every cast was a mackeral. great fun and kept the boredom away.
there was a couple of guys on one of the other points with their son and they were catching quite a bit too.

Back to the ledger rod, hooks were coming back clean every time but no tapping on the rod. Once I'd used up all the lug I decided to give the float a try. rigged up with ragworm and first cast I was into a small Pollack ( I do mean Small), and then another and another. all great fun and no bigger than 6 inches.

finished off the rag and decided to head for home with 6 nice mackeral in a bag 2 for bait and 4 for the barbie we are haveing on Sunday. I also caught a rather Large sandeel or launce I think they are called which is a first for me and it must have weighed about 2 ounces so that would be a PB too. LOL.

Had a great outing and would like to thank Flounder al for pointing me in that direction would never have found it without his website .

Cheers Mate:1a::1a::1a:

G

·
Had a great outing and would like to thank Flounder al for pointing me in that direction would never have found it without his website .

Cheers Mate:1a::1a::1a:
Glad you had a good day there. Last time i was there it was a scorching hot day and i got sunburnt silly. That's why the pics show the water looking so blue. Glad the website has helped you out mate. At least i know it is working like it should do :crazy:

·
Registered
144 Posts
me and a mate had 81 makies in two hours at portsoy we had to stop bashing cos we had no more room for them , got it home and into the freezer but my mates brother turnd of the freezer for badnes and it defrosted , never mind we still managed to save some .

G

·
me and a mate had 81 makies in two hours at portsoy we had to stop bashing cos we had no more room for them , got it home and into the freezer but my mates brother turnd of the freezer for badnes and it defrosted , never mind we still managed to save some .
For what? Sorry i have no idea what that ment.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad you had a good day there. Last time i was there it was a scorching hot day and i got sunburnt silly. That's why the pics show the water looking so blue. Glad the website has helped you out mate. At least i know it is working like it should do :crazy:

No bother mate, There's a few other marks on there I wouldn't mind trying. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts