World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I headed out today armed with just my spinning rod in the hope of there being some pollack around and possibly some wrasse. First stop was at Findlater castle. I wanted to have a look around this area and see if there were any decent rock marks for spinning...there doesn't seem to be. Mostly shallow water around there. So I headed along to Portsoy rocks.

I started fishing with a variety of lures and had no offers so, remembering the jelly worm rig that Davy Holt showed me when I was out on his boat at the weekend, I got one on and stuck a WSF firetail on the hook. First cast...bang...
landed a pollack of about 2 1/2 to 3lbs(didn't bother to weigh it). I fished on without any more offers, so switched to live hardbacks in the hope of a wrasse. Nowt doing with that, so back to the firetail again for a final chuck..again, first cast, I got a thumping take and after a bit of a dangerous struggle climbing about on the rocks, I landed it.

This one looked like it could beat my PB of 5 1/4lb which I got at the weekend on Davy's boat, so I got the scales out and weighed it...it was just a shade over the 5lb mark. It was a cracking day too, with the sun on my back most of the time.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
good report there gashed ,:clap3: there is defo a few pollock having a go just now:clap2: very nice indead :clap2: :clap2:

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Cracking pollack mate! Must by myself some of those calcutta jellies for the pollack at the Mull of Galloway.

P.S. Have you tried the holographic eels by Fladen and Tempest? Killers for pollack from the rocks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts