World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Portstewart 01/07/22

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  clachnastrone 
#1 ·
I fancied a wee Morellis ice cream so off to Portstewart it was and since high tide was about 20:24 i took a spinning rod and a few Toby’s over to the rocks behind the harbour for a couple of hours over high water.
Nice evening but the rocks were very slippy due to earlier showers. I wanted to see if any mackerel close in.
I got a few pollock, none more than 3/4lb, and lost a couple that got deep and under the structure close in.
No mackerel takes and no bird activity. I did see a couple of splashes 100m out at one point but no seals or dolphins to explain it.
Off for a chocolate and pistachio double cone afterwards and it started to rain again, so I timed that well.
There’s a No Swimming sign in huge red block capitals on the harbour wall embossed with smaller writing “Portstewart twinned with Pyongyang” at the left corner and at the bottom right “by order of Kim Jong-un”
….you have been warned !!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.