World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went out today to wet the lines..
my brother and 2 of my nephews and myself,
fishing for anything that wanted the bait lol...

headed to Portstewart and fished off the rocks for about 3 or 4 hours, my brother was only one to catch and it was a wee small eel took a prawn.

didn't want to blank so dropped the nephews down home and headed to malin head as it always produced something even if it was only small I needed something..

landed to malin head set up the rods and got them cast out, within minutes we both had fish on, half pound coaile and a 1 pound coalie..

my brother caught another 13 in around half pound weight and I got another 8 in around half pound weight too.. at least I never blanked right... haha.

no pics this time will take some the next time,
any suggestions on where else to try for something a wee bit bigger? preferably pollack or coalies?

between my brother my da and myself we caught 36 wee ones in cushendall last Saturday off the rocks to the left.. just watch for tide coming in around you lol

we didn't and got soaked on the way out haha..

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
That is a fair bit of fishing Mad MC :)

Wellies are a good bet at Cushendall;)

Fedstar...:D

Reactions: madmcivor

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wellies will definitely be took the next time haha,

was the first time out in just over a year, last time I fished was in Peterhead Aberdeen off one of the piers some nice fish to be had off there 4 and 5lb cod just dropping over the edge of the pier...

in cushendall,
my da says that bit we crossed is all water, I says it was like that when we came over here sure..

on closer inspection, we where knee deep and the drive back to ballykelly then never get home to about 0030 lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts