World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am back with another positive news story. This time directly from my home waters here, off the coast of Sweden. A couple of my fellow angler mates were part of a research team that was catching, tagging and releasing giant bluefin tuna in the North Sea/Skagerrak area.

They are making a porimising return to the Northeast Atlantic, with the right fisheries management, of course!

here is a link to the article: https://allgoodnewz.com/atlantic-bluefin-tuna/

Do you have bluefin tuna stocks where you live in the UK? Please tell me your thoughts and give me some feedback.

Cheers, Max

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
As Rick says, there is alot of bluefin caught of the coast of donegal each year by charter boats about 50 miles from where I live. Luckily we don't have a commercial quota so all fish have to be returned :thumbsup: Reports of tuna along the south coast of England too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As Rick says, there is alot of bluefin caught of the coast of donegal each year by charter boats about 50 miles from where I live. Luckily we don't have a commercial quota so all fish have to be returned :thumbsup: Reports of tuna along the south coast of England too.
None on my home patch (N/W England) but have seen & heard of Bluefins caught off the coast of County Donegal, Ireland.
Rick;)
Hi guys,

thanks for your comments. That's awesome that you don't have commercial quotas. It's obviously what's needed to be regulated heavily, in order for the stocks to thrive once again!

Cheers and tight lines, Max.

·
Registered
20,208 Posts
Hi guys,

thanks for your comments. That's awesome that you don't have commercial quotas. It's obviously what's needed to be regulated heavily, in order for the stocks to thrive once again!

Cheers and tight lines, Max.
:) I believe the EU has a commercial quota so stocks aren't safe, even in UK's waters, as they have been known to trespass in bad weather and at night. :(

·
The cheeky Essex lure fisher
13,191 Posts
theres a utube guy who caught two in a day
give it a look bazz

Reactions: Trampster1922

·
The cheeky Essex lure fisher
13,191 Posts

·
Registered
23,794 Posts
Doesn't surprise me anymore when i see tuna, unfortunately ive not been shark fishing when ive spotted them.:whistling:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts