World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gents
First of all I would like to say what a pleasure it was to meet so many people that till then had been just names, and a pleaure to see how casting should be done.
After the Clubmans , I concluded that I need to speed up the lead and belt the crap out of the rod, if I wish to get anywhere near the top boys. Three weeks have elapsed, a holiday and the weather conspiring to stop my post practice session. Today arrived 10 mph wind, sunshine (steps back in amazement) and generally really good conditions for a few blast. strapped on my fully braked akios to the M427 and clipped on a 175 g.

Set up the first cast belted it as hard as I could, ended up being thrown backward and to my left. After a further 3 more cast, and being chucked around the the oche. I concluded a new approach and a rethink may be on the cards. I knew from what I have read on the forum that I was hitting to soon. Next problem how do I hit the crap out of my rod without hitting the lead early aswell. I had to slow up, but wait a minute most of the people I saw at Huntington were moving the lead very fast from the start or was it my imagination, I am getting on a bit and I have slept a few times since?

I did after a while, with a slight alteration to my feet positions and slower, later start to the cast, manage to hit the rod quite hard, and keep my feet planted, I did gain a few meters, so not all bad. Problem is I have not solved my initial problem of moving the rod with pace throughout the cast.????????/

·
Registered
8,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
Bang on 9mins and then about 12 secs of fame lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts