World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Milky Bar Kid
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a call from the secretary of lsaa to say he has caught a trigger fish from old house point, the fish was photographed and weighed.... It weighed 1lb 12 1/2oz... Anyone know the record of these? I've never heard of one caught around here before... Davy said he thought it was a bream at first but they have verified it as a trigger, I'm just waiting on the pics

·
The Oracle
8,208 Posts
Hiya kev,
Just got a call from the secretary of lsaa to say he has caught a trigger fish from old house point, the fish was photographed and weighed.... It weighed 1lb 12 1/2oz... Anyone know the record of these? I've never heard of one caught around here before... Davy said he thought it was a bream at first but they have verified it as a trigger, I'm just waiting on the pics
sorry I don't know the record but I am surprised there ain't more of these caught as they have been getting caught commercially right up the west coast for years now.

edit i've found this:

Trigger Fish (balistes carolinesis)
B Open at any weight
S 01-12-05 Newton Shore J. Murphy 1989

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
688 Posts

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
688 Posts

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
688 Posts
Your one is heavier.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
If it's going to be claimed then it needs to be weighed on officially certified scale before it loses any more weight - See here for further info.

·
Registered
797 Posts
we had a couple washed up on the shore at agnew park a couple o years ago kev thought they'd maybe been caught on 1 o the wrecks around the corswell area and thrown back as there didn't look to be any damage to them

·
Registered
654 Posts
that a bute,aint ever seen 1 of them before

·
Registered
393 Posts
it can still be claimed as long as the scales can be varified by weights and measures department, who will issue a certificate of the scales accuracyif the scales are out the fish committee will take that into account and deduct the discrepancy

·
Registered
574 Posts
Nice one, well done. Had a couple off Brighton Marina a few years back when i lived down that way, they put up a good scrap, seem to be getting very common all along the English Channel, nice to see them moving up the west coast now....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts