World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All

I am off for a session on friday night and as my previous 2 sessions were unsuccessful I am considering going further afield. I have heard that all of the above places are worth a shout but I am hoping to have some advice or pointers from people off here. Either in the open forum or via pm is good by me. I am not to worried what I catch.

A little strange story to finish off my advice plea.

My last unsuccesful session at Hensdra saw me in casualty on saturady morning. I nipped to the car to get my launce knife and on my way back to my gear (head torch on) a moth flew into my ear. I thought nothing of it and tried picking it out. I could not reach ( i have not got big ears either!!!) I went back got some tweexers and tried again,no good. This moth was flapping its wings on and off from 11pm until 3am. I went home at 4am with no fish, woke the missus up by mistake, she was teasy as hell and i then fell asleep until 630. The moth had stopped flapping and was now just moving. I phoned up the emergency doctor, women at first did not believe me but then said go to casualty. Waited at west cornwall for an hour they tried sucking it out - no good!! I was then sent treliske where another hour wait saw them try sucking it again but eventually pulling it out with tweezers. First session since then will be friday, missus suggesting ear plugs, bag over head, balaclave etc.

I know it was a bit of an epic story but it was certainly more intersting than the fishing that night.

·
Registered
138 Posts
if it ever happens again (unlikely) just go somewhere dark and get someone to shine a torch in your ear, worked for a mate many years ago and saved a lot of grief as they always head for the light

hope you had a good night tonight, not fished any of the above recently on the shore

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.