World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fog..............I like fog...........fog equals no wind ! A Friday night without wind (well not entirely,but that's another story and involves the effects of real ale !), haven't had that for a while. In fact it's the first time I have fished a Friday twice in a row this year.
P1010012.jpg Bag of fog !!!!
So, the plan. Did I think I would find another decent Billy,nope, unlikely, set my stall out for some dabs. I haven't caught one this year !
Stunning bait from Prime as usual, fresh lug/black and rag, tipping with squid, job done surely.
Inbound a bit later than usual and set up near the flats and baits in just before 7pm. Low water 21.40,fishing 2.5 hours down and up. Standard Dab hunting rigs, size 4s and size 2s on clipped up 3 hook flappers. Big stick long, and the Longbeam mid range.
Drama from the off, I had cast the Rampage long and dropped in shorter with the Longbeam. Put the rod in the rest,tip went round and butt off the floor.........WTF.
Heavy,heavy and walked the beach with the rod hooped over and then.........that grating feeling.
I suspect the lesser knotted driftwood or maybe a pallet ray. A life or death struggle ensued only for us to part company in the curl of a still moderate surf. Lead shingled.....rude words but held a tight line high and 3 waves later a six oz lead nearly took me knee high !
Bottom 2 snoods had piggie tails so enforced rig change and chucked back out.
Knocks a plenty and a tiny ting long and a double small pout shot medium range meant the Blankerwolf was back in the hutch for the night.
P1010013.jpg Tiny Ting
And...........thus it continued for an hour, loads of knocks, clean hooks and a couple more tings.
Then a better hit on the medium range rod, a spirited series of bumps and some weight on. Got slightly excited but, never had this before, decent doggie on bottom hook, rag n squid had pirouetted up side down up the rig and was effectively swimming away from me. Just under 60cm.
P1010014.jpg Big Dog
Played with some new pellets for an hour, fishing them on all six hooks, loads of knocks and rattles but no hook ups, damm. However, they are getting bites so I am encouraged. Need to make them just a wee bit sturdier though. New mix soon.
Quite pleased and just as I thought, at least the slugs have stayed a way, on the turn of the tide a …....double shot !
Starfleet comms was in overdrive all night, FJM is in Lima, shortly off to Panama(Work he says).
He was considering fishing the canal but I suspect his pole isn't long enough and he will come back with just a silly hat. Fnb was having his usual bottle before bedtime !
Back to 'proper' fishing at low. Put the single 3/0 rig out long with double black and squid and fired the the other rod long to try and escape the bait rape that was going on at medium range.
Succession of tings on the big bait, 1 neatly lip hooked, would have left it out if I had known. No real bites for an hour on the 4s so switched it to the 2's and dropped short for another hour of tings and slugs. In desperation I resorted to the 10m plop with a big bait which resulted in the biggest small fish of the night, a just under hand sized pout ! A good knock on the 2's on a long cast resulted in doggie number 2 at 50 cms but gave up when another double shot of slugs came in just after midnight.
P1010015.jpg Depudy Dawg !
Lost count but it was 20 odd tings,a dozen slugs 3 pout and 2 doggies for the night. Better than being at home on a windy Friday and I would take that any time as the alternative. Not a dab to be seen,possibly still a tad too much colour. There's always next week

Tight lines guys and , please come and meet Lisa in the coming weeks, you know you want to.............!
Stevo T

·
Registered
629 Posts
Fantastic report mate!
Always a good read your reports Commander!

Lisa will be a good meet up in Worthing! Can't wait for it. Seaford it looks like next weekend then!

Hope your not on the commander Juice already!

Sammy....on his second Beer :)

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Mein Kapitan, you went fishing and caught fish, in my book a good night.
4 Species in a session is a result in any-ones book. Why do you try for Dabs? We know they avoid you on purpose, see the 'sign''
Guess what I'm fishing tomorrow, phone's off so work cannot prevent a mission to un-mapped frontiers...................

See you and Lisa on Tuesday

LT

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Fantastic report mate!
Always a good read your reports Commander!

Lisa will be a good meet up in Worthing! Can't wait for it. Seaford it looks like next weekend then!

Hope your not on the commander Juice already!

Sammy....on his second Beer :)
You arent old enough to drink

·
Registered
4,586 Posts

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mein Kapitan, you went fishing and caught fish, in my book a good night.
4 Species in a session is a result in any-ones book. Why do you try for Dabs? We know they avoid you on purpose, see the 'sign''
Guess what I'm fishing tomorrow, phone's off so work cannot prevent a mission to un-mapped frontiers...................

See you and Lisa on Tuesday

LT
L T
Not.................the Shorhorroham zone.......worse...........Widewater, plenty of dogs there on our last visit as I recall !!
Tuesday will be good !
Kirk in.............to the first bottle.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Who let the dogs out,,, bloody things,, well you cant have good bass every week mate, as for me purchasing your pelletry,,,,,, mmmm, perhaps after a few blanks I may "borrow"some.....until then, the report was great, although I did misread "bag of fog"and searched in vain for the frogs, suitably wobbly, craig out

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Who let the dogs out,,, bloody things,, well you cant have good bass every week mate, as for me purchasing your pelletry,,,,,, mmmm, perhaps after a few blanks I may "borrow"some.....until then, the report was great, although I did misread "bag of fog"and searched in vain for the frogs, suitably wobbly, craig out
Ah Maiximus Remy I presume
After a spotty or two tomorrow then I imagine. Good luck. In a recent poll 9 out of 10 anglers preferred dogs to slugs !
See you Tuesday.
Lisa T out

·
Registered
777 Posts
Quality read Steveo as always, won't be long before all those bait rapers sod off leaving a wake of monster bass behind to feast on your fishy balls!

Jim, never coming out.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Great read as usual. Love them doggies. Much better to catch them, than skinny ting.

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quality read Steveo as always, won't be long before all those bait rapers sod off leaving a wake of monster bass behind to feast on your fishy balls!

Jim, never coming out.
Thanks Mate
Never coming out..............on a Climping thread..........mmm!
The next thing you know guys will be struggling to catch a live bait.......... ah well.........Pellet technology may well come into it's own.
Stevo T

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Remy indeef, good luck tomorrow mate, and see you tomorrow
Maximus
I reckon so...........both of me eh !
Is it just me.............or has he been drinking ?
Great fun Bro
Stevo T

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Great read as usual. Love them doggies. Much better to catch them, than skinny ting.
Thanks bud:
Doggin at Pevensey as well...........how liberating. Agreed ,better than ting.
Stevo T

·
Registered
4,586 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Great read as usual Steve. You're not wrong about the bait from prime, picked up some blacks from there today for a session tomorrow and they're massive.

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mate you NUMPTY!!!
L T
Brilliant
Lightweight.............makemineadouble.............pffffffffffffft !
Stevo T

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Cracking report as usual, and I'm with the others dogs much better than slugs and tings. So far hats avoided.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts