World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Here fishy fishy
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Dont usually post in SE section but as I spent the day on the Dover POW,thought it was only proper.
Met up with Pintail and his brothers early this morning looking for some mini species,and particually a Leopard spotted goby for myself.
Pretty much 1st chuck had a goldsinny wrasse (1st one),next cast Leopard spotted goby (1st one)..was absolutley made up.
Not sure exactly how many species we had between us but it was a fair few but the mainstay for myself was made up of these and pout with the odd whiting and postage stamp sized dabs,did fish on a bit after the guys left in hope of a tompot or rock goby but none showed.
Was a fantastic day and the guys knowledge is immense,thanks for showing me the way and imparting such great information.
Love to meet up again for another go.

P7310217 by XIIvolt, on Flickr

P7310197 by XIIvolt, on Flickr

ATB

12 :drunk:

·
Registered
646 Posts
That was a good day out Marc and you got the target species:thumbs:
I like the idea of using the tank for photos only it takes a bit more patiance to get a good shot , out of the 7 I took this is the best one , had a number with just a Fin or a tail

Hope you get the amongst the Mullet tomorrow.

·
Registered
451 Posts
well done on your catch mate. hopefully off to samphire next weekend. thats the place for your tompot blenny and rock goby..

·
Registered
646 Posts
Between the 4 of us we had 11 species including enough Herring for dinner tonight:clap:
Both my brothers had Smoothhounds but after reading the article in one of the mags last month we are not sure if they were Starrys without spots or Commons:g:

Of to Samphire tomorrow for a bit of float fishing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.