World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
want to fish the pow soon after some flatties and bass. just wondering when to fish it, What bait to use, where to go etc etc ... Thanks in advance :clap:
Lewis

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Lewis,

Not a lot of flatties around on there at the moment mate..

Pick a big tide during the day and fish at distance by the shelters with ragworm bait..you might pick up a plaice..

Alternatively, you can use a long trace down the wall on the bottom with another lead sliding down so the whole rig fishes on the bottom..you'll get flounder on ragworm and maddies..need to go at least half way along for the best results with that method.

Whole squid and sandeel down the wall for Bass...

Boom rigs down the wall will pick up flatties sometimes..always a chance of pollock and scad...

Hope that helps, good luck..

G

·
it was lucky strike off of here mate.we went to dungy first but it was crap so we then went round to the pow for a couple of hours.

nice bloke he is and know's how to catch a fish or two as well!

whopper came with us too (another nice bloke) but all he got was pout,just like me.:doh:

G

·
u certainly didn't mate.

bleedin hopeless at dungy it was.cast out,2 mins later ur line was full of weed.unfishable really.gonna have a short break from the fishing as got the hump with it a bit.next time i'll go to dover breakwater i think,or maybe down MCE after work next week.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts