World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
decided to try the prince of wales pier for a night sesh last night, this was a first for me, only just found out its now open all night, so thought why not? got my bait from bay aquatics in herne bay, good stuff as usual, had lug, sandeel, squid n bluey with some frozen black lug i had in the freezer. couldnt get any rag though.

just as i parked and traipsed out to the pier the heavens opened combining with a gale- great! :uhuh: got to the shelters, amazingly no-one was in 'em. not fancying a soaking again this wk i plonked me gear down. talked to a bloke who was leaving, he said this wk there have been some nice bass down the wall, dogs, lots of whiting n pout, sole to 1.5lb and a few dabs n eels! good stuff.

set up with a squid down the wall, and a 3 hook flapper or 2 up 1 down when i used it the other way up, first cast pulled in a nice set of tackle, booms and a new gemini lead, thanks very much.....and then the pout n whiting arrived, double and triple shots for the next 4 hrs :blink: tried everything to avoid 'em but they were like a plague, used a few for livebaits down the wall but still no bass. bites slowed down towards high water when the wind n rain really did pick up. i'm guessing from the cheers up the very end of the pier some lads had a bass, could just make it out in their headlamp beams and the rain! getting back to the car, propped me rods on the railing and the wind blew my rod bag over, kissed another tip ring good bye, thats 2 tip rings and 3 intermediate rings in 2 trips now, its beginning to take the biscuit! :nonono: ah well, good night enjoyed it up to the tip ring incident, no pics cos me camera woulda got soaked and i didnt get anything worth snapping anyway! :)

G

·
good report mate,shame u never got into a bass.

i think that pier may fish well this winter at night.had a few good day trips on there the other year.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers peeps,
forgot to put on there that whilst i was fishing i heard the odd slurping sound :unsure:! looking over the edge, in the lamp beam, was a 6 inch pouting belly up, next thing its gone...sucked clean under by a bass, couldnt see what size, i only saw the lips really.

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
cheers peeps,
forgot to put on there that whilst i was fishing i heard the odd slurping sound :unsure:! looking over the edge, in the lamp beam, was a 6 inch pouting belly up, next thing its gone...sucked clean under by a bass, couldnt see what size, i only saw the lips really.
They are there. Its just the catching them! At least you gave it a go mate. And good choice of bait shop. Bay Aquatics in Herne Bay. Best one in the bay by a mile! :happy:

·
Registered
650 Posts
Nice one Nick. I too cannot recall getting thru so many rings as I have this year . Im on Two tips and two intermediates. My whippings spot on but its a pain in the backside . Are they making them differently these days , not as robust.
Nevermind they are ready to battle with the cod this winter.......:busted_co

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Ok. Just heard that the last 75metres of the addy extension is closed,aparantly due to people casting too close to the radar and line getting tangled round it has damaged it

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Blimey what rods are you using fellas? they must be using cheap whipping and rings,,,,,,,,,,,,,my zippy and conoflex get a right ole tough bit of treatment sometimes but ive never broke any rings,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,yet, touch wood

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Blimey what rods are you using fellas? they must be using cheap whipping and rings,,,,,,,,,,,,,my zippy and conoflex get a right ole tough bit of treatment sometimes but ive never broke any rings,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,yet, touch wood
errr nope.... the tip ring was a bnhg off a zziplex 4500s and the inters and tip were those odd shaped kigan guides off a k2 titanium, admitedly they are not as strong as bnhg rings but it stll surprised me, although i doubt any rings can take a full on nose dive onto solid concrete or big stones. :)

G

·
errr nope.... the tip ring was a bnhg off a zziplex 4500s and the inters and tip were those odd shaped kigan guides off a k2 titanium, admitedly they are not as strong as bnhg rings but it stll surprised me, although i doubt any rings can take a full on nose dive onto solid concrete or big stones. :)
trouble is with u mate,u just don't look after anything!:laugh:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts