World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I have noticed a few people on here commenting on Powerpro and was wondering who makes it. Saw some on ebay and not sure if it is the same thing.
Looks like someone has got a hold of a job lot of the US stuff. As far as I'm aware it's made by Power Pro themselves. Here's their contact details and web site if that's any help.

PowerPro
559 Sandhill Lane
Grand Junction, CO 81505
USA

Telephone: (970) 242-3002
Toll Free: (800) 650-8003
Fax: (970) 242-3030

www.powerpro.com

·
Captain Chaos!
3,694 Posts
Hiya, I think Powerpro make Powerpro !!! :) Have a look at their site, (link below) its very helpful....I've been using it for a few years now, and have NO complaints at all about it.....best thing is tho', the price is coming down all the time !!! :):)

http://www.powerpro.com/

He he he...theres an echo in here !!!!! :)

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers everyone. Thought maybe the name gave it away as to who made it, only thing was that i knew was it was made in USA and some one was shipping it over.

I don't really want to buy off ebay so does anyone know a tackle shop or mailorder company that supplies it in 300yd spools. If not a similar alternative that is not too expensive. I'm looking at 30lb.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Looking at that link from chorley boy and the comment of 50% knot strength try a polomar/palomar knot for swivels etc. It loops well too but just one pass through rather then the two used for a surgeons knot. As braids will vary , as does line, it pays to test with a set of scales.
So far I've found braids to be about 70% or so of stated breaking strain. Not checked me powerpro yet but have seen a tench fishing web site that tested them to 100%. Not that this can be relied on if line is anything to go on.

John

·
Registered
712 Posts
Power pro rocks use it on all my boat reels and on beach fixed spool and spinning reel.
If you look on the box it actually has a "honeywell" logo on it, as in the people who make central heating controls and valves, dont know what relevence this has or if they are the parent company

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
If you look on the box it actually has a "honeywell" logo on it, as in the people who make central heating controls and valves, dont know what relevence this has or if they are the parent company
Well spotted badger2! :clap:

Powerpro is made from Spectra fibre and guess what - Spectra fibre is manufactured by Honeywell.

Here's the blurb on it from Honeywell's web site....

"Honeywell’s Spectra ® polyethylene fibers are ten times stronger than iron and lighter than water. The fibers are used in applications such as ropes, vehicle protection, personal protective clothing, military applications, netting and fishing lines, and numerous other uses."

1 - 12 of 12 Posts