World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
mod - region specific, is it OK here?

from my home South Manchester (stockport-cheadle) its an hours drive to the shore - more to a fully safe casting practice venue

1. does anyone know of a safe venue where i can practice casting thats closer to my home

2. if not - and i can find one close to south manchester, knutsford, warrington ish - would anyone else be interested ?:g:

cheers

Al

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Al i know you are probably looking for a nice flat mown grass field ,but are there not some lakes at Denton ,a ship canal and some pretty big open areas Glossop way ,you might get some funny looks but it saves that 1 hr journey

·
Registered
580 Posts
When i used to be into the tournament casting we used to go to brabyns park, to practice and teach. If you know the area you need to go to marple bridge, stockport. you will see it signposted. There are around 8 football fields which you can drive down to, with exception to the footy season and bonfire nite its mainly full of dog walkers, we used to have no issues at all with practising there. The surrounding area with exception to the odd house is farm field's so in the event of a snap off the only thing your going to hit is possibly an unlucky cow.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
MOOH.... bloody hel* that hurt dont blame me if you get lead poisining in your milk ....gutz...:yeah::yeah::yeah:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
seems theres 4 people interested - so i will start a bit of a search - see what turns up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts